cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the delta skymiles applications filled out. Should I hit apply button?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have the delta skymiles applications filled out. Should I hit apply button?

ah32 wrote:
Wow! I did it! Just like that I was approved for a 2K credit line!! My first card approved over $300! I'm on my way! I'm just so excited right now.  I will definitely ask for a higher limit once I activate the card.  I'll wait to change to blue card.  Thanks for all the great advice everyone! You rock!

You might try applying for the AMEX Hilton CC as well. Approval standards are pretty much the same as for Delta. Since you applied and were given Delta just 4 days ago, there's a really good chance they will issue on the basis of your CR pulled on July 8th and will NOT pull another CR.

Message 11 of 13
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: I have the delta skymiles applications filled out. Should I hit apply button?

I applied for the Hilton card the same day.  No extra hit.  I got a little carried away because I then applied for the Starwood card.  I finally got my approval yesterday for the Hilton card, but they cancelled my application for the Starwoods card.

Date Received Card Status of Application Next Step Jul 08, 2007 GOLD DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS Approved Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer
Jul 08, 2007 HILTON HHONORS PLATINUM CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS Approved Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer
Jul 08, 2007 STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS Cancelled To view the full decision details click here

Thank you for your recent application for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit CardSM from American Express.  It is our pleasure to service your request for an American Express card.  Our records, however indicate that you have recently submitted more than one application for this card.

Your original application has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that you were approved!  Therefore, your additional request has been canceled.  Your new card has been sent to you and, after calling to activate, you may begin using the Card immediately and start enjoying all of the benefits of Cardmembership.

An important notice concerning your rights is included.  The creditor is American Express Bank, FSB.

Should you wish to obtain Additional Cards linked to your account, or would like to inquire about obtaining a second Card account, please contact us at the toll-free number listed above.  Again, we would like to welcome you to the benefits of Cardmembership and look forward to providing the high level of service for which American Express is known.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that same "cancelled" message and letter in regards to Starwood...The letter makes it sound like I applied twice for the Starwood, the first was approved and the second cancelled. So the card is coming...???? I dunno...I called them and the rep said he could see the approval for Starwood, but not the original application?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.