cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm an AU on a lot of DW cards. Are the dragging me down?

Highlighted

I'm an AU on a lot of DW cards. Are the dragging me down?

Two cards to note are her Amex and Discover, one at 81% and the other at 91%. Should I have her remove me from all her cards? Some are at 0 Balance. All my cards in my name are over 6 years old and all are close to 28%. We have always added each other to our cards. Should we just remove each other?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: I'm an AU on a lot of DW cards. Are the dragging me down?

Yes

Smiley Embarassed
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Bogey1975 wrote:

Two cards to note are her Amex and Discover, one at 81% and the other at 91%. Should I have her remove me from all her cards? Some are at 0 Balance. All my cards in my name are over 6 years old and all are close to 28%. We have always added each other to our cards. Should we just remove each other?

Thanks

Without the credit limits of the cards and balances a definite answer can not be given. More specifically, if the cards you are an AU on, with a zero balance, they may be padding your overall utilization and saving you from getting AA. Just my two piece. 

Amex Blue Cash $28k
Chase FU $11.2k
BOA Cash Rewards $20k
Comenity BJ's Perks Plus M/C $10k
Cap1 QS $750 (AU), BOA Auto
March. 2020 TU 781, EX 775, EQ 776
INQ 1/6, 1/12, 2/24.......TU-0, EX-2 EQ-2
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I would say it depends. Can y'all realistically pay off her cards within the next few months? If so once the utilization gets back under 10% you'll get a boost back in your score and you can just stay on her cards.

Also I'm not sure if you're in a rush to apply for something that you need your score to be as high as possible. That could also make a difference in whether you should stay or be removed. 

If you feel like y'all won't pay them off anytime soon it could benefit you to be removed from her cards with high utilization.  

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

@Bogey1975 wrote:

Thanks

Yes, yesterday. 

A proof Chase hates me....Pre-approved Subaru.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.