cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so confused! myFICO and Equifax are reporting different things!

tag
Carlosjb3
Contributor

I'm so confused! myFICO and Equifax are reporting different things!

Good evening everyone,

I have posted a similar question before and to this day I still don't understand what is going on! 

My equifax score lags behind the other two bureus by a difference of 30 points and I feel it has

to do with the below discrepancies. 

Discrepancy One

myFICO says I have a $64 dollar collection account. However, the report from the equifax website says I have none!

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Discrepency Two

myFICO says the last time I had a late payment was 8 months ago. When I spoke with an Equifax rep they determined that was a lie!!

Capture.PNG

I don't know what to do at this point. My utilization is 1% accross the board (AZEO). No public records. I just have that one $64 collection under Equifax along with a mythical late payment that for the life of me I can't figure out where it's coming from! The last time I had a late payment at all was over 5 years ago!

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thank you! Smiley Frustrated

Fico 8 Scores [Nov 2018]: Equifax 677 | TransUnion 667 | Experian 668
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm so confused! myFICO and Equifax are reporting different things!

This situation sounds awful. First, myFico should only be displaying information from eq. I don't understand why the myFico eq report and the one directly from eq are different. Second, the method to resolve inaccuracies on your report is to file a dispute with the cra -EQ. Third, you don't need to understand what's going on. You need to correct it. Therefore I recommend:

1) pull & print free EQ from annual credit 

2) pull & print EQ from myFico 

3) identify and highlight inaccuracies 

4)include a table or / bulleted  list referencing items of concern, report page # it's found on from myFico EQ report, and specific action you'd like taken (eg-delete from my report)

5) mail in dispute to EQ, (perhaps you could scan /email instead of print / mail)

6) call EQ after a few days to confirm receipt and discuss adding context to your written submission 

7) wait 30 days for reponse 

good luck. 

Message 2 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

This situation sounds awful. First, myFico should only be displaying information from eq. I don't understand why the myFico eq report and the one directly from eq are different. Second, the method to resolve inaccuracies on your report is to file a dispute with the cra -EQ. Third, you don't need to understand what's going on. You need to correct it. Therefore I recommend:

4)include a table or / bulleted  list referencing items of concern, report page # it's found on from myFico EQ report, and specific action you'd like taken (eg-delete from my report)

5) mail in dispute to EQ, (perhaps you could scan /email instead of print / mail)

6) call EQ after a few days to confirm receipt and discuss adding context to your written submission 

good luck. 

There's nothing to dispute with Equifax. Their paid credit report monitoring is showing things that aren't on the report.

OP: The only thing I can thing of is a split report, but that should have shown up when you called. What did myfico say when you called them?

Message 3 of 5
Carlosjb3
Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

good luck. 

There's nothing to dispute with Equifax. Their paid credit report monitoring is showing things that aren't on the report.

OP: The only thing I can thing of is a split report, but that should have shown up when you called. What did myfico say when you called them?

I spoke with a myFICO rep and she told me that the category of "last time I was late" doesn't necessarily have to mean I was late on a payment and rather that it can be related to a deragotory account that was recently updated. She pointed to a USAA charged off account I had 5 years ago that was last updated on December of 2019 which she says coincides with the 8 month timeframe. 

I do recall paying off that charge off account in full 2 years ago and I remember disputing that account recently. So did I screw up by paying off the account and disputing it causing the negative info on that account to be updated as recent? I asked the rep why the hell Transunion says last time I missed a payment was over 5 years ago given that the account was recently updated there as well and she really couldn't give me a clear answer.

Fico 8 Scores [Nov 2018]: Equifax 677 | TransUnion 667 | Experian 668
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner Thanks for weighing in. I definitely defer to your expertise. To be honest, I hadn't even heard of a split report.

My thought was instead of OP continuing to trying to figure it out, -seemingly getting nowhere he could instead open a dispute as a way to begin dialogue and get documentation into EQs hands. Once he has engaged with EQ and they clearly understand his issue, have the EQ staff find the appropriate myFico point of contact to resolve this issue.

I figure he just needed to get the information to the right person; also since myFico isn't being responsive to him directly- having EQ advocate on his behalf might be a route to explore. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.