cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I now understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: I know understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

concorduser wrote:
Can you ask EX or the Bank to recode the HELOC?

Well, I guess the CU has it right, so I could write to EX.  I might try that in the new year!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 31 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: I know understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

I used the AA from my insurance to get a free EX report, and disputed the HELOC as "not revolving".

Will report back in 45 days  Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 56
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, I had a HELOC on my old property and here is how they reported it according to MyFICO.

TU
Mortgage Account Acct. Type--Home Equity Loan Credit Type--Mortgage Acct
EQ
Credit Acct. Credit Type--Installment
EX
Line of Credit Acct. Type--Credit line secured revolving Credit Type--Revolving

The line limit was $30M, and EQ still reported it as installment, so maybe >$25M does the trick. This account has been closed for a few years, it can't be affecting my score now can it?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 million heloc, wow!
Message 34 of 56
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@dnm45227 wrote:
30 million heloc, wow!

Sorry, I am Commercial Lender. In my world M = thousand. MM would be million. Roman Numeral system. I have to get used to using K for thou in these threads.

Message 35 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:

@dnm45227 wrote:
30 million heloc, wow!

Sorry, I am Commercial Lender. In my world M = thousand. MM would be million. Roman Numeral system. I have to get used to using K for thou in these threads.

just giving you a hard time. lol
Message 36 of 56
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

just giving you a hard time. lol

Thanks for waking me up. I was starting to fall asleep at the keyboard. I'm awake now.

Message 37 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Junejer wrote:
Thanks for waking me up. I was starting to fall asleep at the keyboard. I'm awake now.

Hey, any time I read a post that says that someone had a $30 million HELOC, it snaps my eyes wide open! Smiley Very Happy

Actually, I'm glad that you posted that you're a commercial lender, and that your field uses Roman numerals instead of metric. Other people have used M for thousand in their posts, and I always wondered what the source of that was.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 38 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Scientists as well  Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you figured that out Midnight. Now if I can only figure out why they hate me?
Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.