cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I now understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

tag
positronicshell
New Contributor

Re: I now understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

on my FICO reports EX is the only report that lists my HELOC under revolving.
i am sure it is costing me a ton of points too.

please keep us posted on how your dispute pans out!

xoxox jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 41 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I now understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

positronicshell wrote:

xoxox jane

What's the CL on your HELOC? It seems like somewhere in between $25K and $40-50K, it flips over to installment. That's how it works on others' scores, anyway. I finally got a serious balance on mine last month ($13K out of $50K), and the statement just dropped, so once the 3 reports post, I'm pulling scores (again!) to see if they changed. Inquiring minds want to know!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 42 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am betting on zero change-

haulingthescoreup wrote:

positronicshell wrote:

xoxox jane

What's the CL on your HELOC? It seems like somewhere in between $25K and $40-50K, it flips over to installment. That's how it works on others' scores, anyway. I finally got a serious balance on mine last month ($13K out of $50K), and the statement just dropped, so once the 3 reports post, I'm pulling scores (again!) to see if they changed. Inquiring minds want to know!

Message 43 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Too chicken to bet --I don't want to jinx it --but this is what I'm hoping, since that's what happened with you.

You do realize that if they drop my score, they'll have to drop yours! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just pulled TC, and the increased balance has hit EX and EQ, but not TU (TU has been a mess lately!) Too early to pull the real scores, but the FAKO EX did drop 10 points, so it will be interesting to see the FICO's, if TU will ever stagger up to the plate. I still think --er, hope --no change.
Message 45 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will even bet that.
I would not worry- TU has been slower than EQ latley.

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Too chicken to bet --I don't want to jinx it --but this is what I'm hoping, since that's what happened with you.

You do realize that if they drop my score, they'll have to drop yours! Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm not worried. TU's pokiness just cost me 30-some-odd points by updating Disc late, though. Smiley Mad
Message 47 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, EX has completed their investigation and it is still "revolving" not "installment".

Ah well, it cost nothing to try
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 48 of 56
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Just looked at an old HELOC for $35K that I had with HFC and TU was the only one to show it as an installment, EX & EQ showed it as revolving.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 49 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

What's really annoying is that the various bureaus name it all sorts of things, but so far, it has been treated for scoring purposes as installment/ mortgage. I nearly went cross-eyed trying to untangle who was calling it revolving, who called it unknown type, and on and on (plus TU including it in my revolving balance on screen 4), but the lower balance never changed my scores.

I found that you can't go by what they name it --you just have to see its effect on your scores, as did MV.
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.