Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If AAoA and ult stay the same when opening new accounts

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

If AAoA and ult stay the same when opening new accounts

My AAoA was 22 months and after opening 6 new cards in the last 3 weeks it went down to 11 months, but by the time the new accounts report and I look at my score, it will be next month and my AAoA will be 12 months (aka my AAoA will be 1 year again like before I got these 6 new cards, because 22 months is rounded down to 1 year)

Utilization stayed at 0%

I realize new inquires will hurt my score (at the time Discover requested my TU score I had 0 inquires on it) I now have 4, so my score will be going down becuase of that, which is fine becuase I know in a year it will go back up

considering those 2 factors (AAoA and Ult) will stay the same and that I know my score will go down from the new HPs I am wondering where you guys think my TU Score may be next month when I check it, compared to 758 when discover pulled it, I know new accounts have an affect on your score, but I don't really understand how much (obviously because if I did I probably wouldn't have opened 6 new cards! haha)

fico 747
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If AAoA and ult stay the same when opening new accounts

Ignore AAoA because it never changed. At 22 months it is viewed as 1 year. At 11 months, it's still viewed as 1 year (per FICO scoring). So after adding these accounts AAoA will have remained unchanged as you mentioned.

IMO, inquiries are a tiny part of scoring. Maybe you might see a ding if you go from 0 to 1 or 1 to 2 inquiries. But beyond that no damage per se. The damage will come from the new TLs though. IME, I lost 20-25 per new TL reporting. If I applied in batches, then damage isn't too much beyond that. Assuming everything is listed in your siggy, you already have new accounts. Everything is new except for the BCE. The newness of those accounts prior to these new ones already are weighing on that loss. If I had to guess, I'd guess a 10-15 drop on TU,  and maybe 15-20 on EQ. And if anyone cares, if you looked on CK I'd guess 50+.

Message 2 of 5
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Ignore AAoA because it never changed. At 22 months it is viewed as 1 year. At 11 months, it's still viewed as 1 year (per FICO scoring). So after adding these accounts AAoA will have remained unchanged as you mentioned.

IMO, inquiries are a tiny part of scoring. Maybe you might see a ding if you go from 0 to 1 or 1 to 2 inquiries. But beyond that no damage per se. The damage will come from the new TLs though. IME, I lost 20-25 per new TL reporting. If I applied in batches, then damage isn't too much beyond that. Assuming everything is listed in your siggy, you already have new accounts. Everything is new except for the BCE. The newness of those accounts prior to these new ones already are weighing on that loss. If I had to guess, I'd guess a 10-15 drop on TU,  and maybe 15-20 on EQ. And if anyone cares, if you looked on CK I'd guess 50+.

awesome, thanks for the quick response!

I'm glad my AAoA will stay the same,and considering my inquires went from 0 to 4 I have a feeling that will hurt me some

(does the HP that is being done when a bank pulls your score count toward the score they see? example, I had no inquires on my TU when Discover pullled my score, does that 758 score reflect 1 HP or 0?)

but you think that my score will only drop 10-15 pionts all together on my TU from my 6 new accounts? or 10-15 pionts per new account?

fico 747
Message 3 of 5
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

and yes, my siggy lists all of my open credit cards

fico 747
Message 4 of 5
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Well my Arrival reported to EQ and set off my score watch, decrease by 8 points

" Your FICO® score decreased to 726 on April 13, 2013.
Target score alert: Your FICO® score has dropped past your target score of 734.
This score decrease may be caused by this new reason:

You have not established a long revolving credit history"
fico 747
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.