cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my AAoA is 6 months, will FICO round it to 1 year?

tag
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

If my AAoA is 6 months, will FICO round it to 1 year?

Is these the case? Ive read it somewhere, just want to confirm that. Also, Want to confirm that FICO is generated 6 months after the card was approved. Is these correct? Thanks
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If my AAoA is 6 months, will FICO round it to 1 year?

@orestrus wrote:
Is these the case? Ive read it somewhere, just want to confirm that. Also, Want to confirm that FICO is generated 6 months after the card was approved. Is these correct? Thanks

Usually scoring rounds down AAoA but you can't have an AAoA of less than a year. It's built into the system.

Here are the minimum requirements to generate a FICO score:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian listed my AAoA as 4 months when it generated my FICO. Are you saying that all AAoA below 1 year score the same?

Message 3 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Experian listed my AAoA as 4 months when it generated my FICO. Are you saying that all AAoA below 1 year score the same?

I will confirm this but it's my understanding that any AAoA less than 12 months is rounded up to one year.

Message 4 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

An update.

I have confirmed with a former administrator of this site that for scoring purposes FICO will round up any AAoA of less than 12 months to show an AAoA of one year.

After that AAoA is rounded down. For example any AAoA between 5 years 1 month  and 5 years 11 months is scored as five years AAoA.

Message 5 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

An update.

I have confirmed with a former administrator of this site that for scoring purposes FICO will round up any AAoA of less than 12 months to show an AAoA of one year.

After that AAoA is rounded down. For example any AAoA between 5 years 1 month  and 5 years 11 months is scored as five years AAoA.

Don't know if I would trust any former adminstrator of this site if I were you MVV... Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

I chuckled at the idea that 1 month AAoA is treated the same way as 23 month AAoA.

And I still do. 

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

I chuckled at the idea that 1 month AAoA is treated the same way as 23 month AAoA.

And I still do. 

One of the vagaries of the scoring system.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.