Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of 60 day late utility bill

tag
nycfico
Regular Contributor

Impact of 60 day late utility bill

ARGGH!!!!

We've been working so hard to keep everything squeaky clean now for over two years.  My scores have gone from the high 400's in late 2011 to 550 a year ago to 650 now.

And due to a total miscommunication, we are 60 days late on a $130 gas bill.  Fortunately it only reports to Experian, but still my score has dropped 40 points!!!

I am so freaking angry at me/us and cannot believe this happened.  How bad is the damage on this?  is it as long lasting as being 60 days late on a credit card?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Impact of 60 day late utility bill

@nycfico wrote:

ARGGH!!!!

We've been working so hard to keep everything squeaky clean now for over two years.  My scores have gone from the high 400's in late 2011 to 550 a year ago to 650 now.

And due to a total miscommunication, we are 60 days late on a $130 gas bill.  Fortunately it only reports to Experian, but still my score has dropped 40 points!!!

I am so freaking angry at me/us and cannot believe this happened.  How bad is the damage on this?  is it as long lasting as being 60 days late on a credit card?

Yes its impact would be equal to a CC 60 day late, Fico doesnt differentiate they lates on different types of credit., I would try to get the PFD on this one.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.