Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of Judgement status?

tag
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Impact of Judgement status?

I had a judgement in 2006.  Today I just noticed that on all 3 reports it still does not show satisfied and paid in full.   Is this dragging my score at all? 

Also, what if I have the status updated/correct to Satisfied?  Will this cause the FICO to drop since it will have new activity?  They should have updated this in 2006, but im just now catching it since I spoke with a Credit Union.  They mentioned any open judgements will automatically cause me to be declined financing.  When I looked I saw it has yet to be marked on all reports Smiley Sad

Adivce?

Thanks!

EDIT:  I called the court and the OC .  Both agreed it should have been updated as paid in 2006.  However, the POS Attorney didnt update that it was paid.  The OC suggested that I just dispute the information on all three bureaus and then it would update to PAID.  But, I'm afraid to do that since I'm reading the FICO adjusts on activity, so should I do this?  Will it affect my FICO score??

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Impact of Judgement status?

Judgements from my experience are tricky. If I remember correctly, I had a judgement at some point and left it unpaid for a little while. Once I had it updated to show as satisfied, my score did drop a little initially, but then picked back up over the months. Ultimately, I think it's better to show it as paid versus unpaid.

Message 2 of 5
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Impact of Judgement status?

well i went ahead an filed disputes on the judgement with the bureaus.  I hope it doesnt drop it much Smiley Sad  I finally cleared 600s last week.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Impact of Judgment status?

Don't worry it is prob going to drop slightly but is def MUCH better in the end.  Creditors will look at that and take the "paid" status into account.  I started I think in the 520's two and a half years ago.  Got lucky and paid all my debt off, many derog's charge offs and a judgment. Sent many many disputes and fought hard to improve my score. Since then I soared past 600's, got a nice mortgage and am knocking on 700's door.  Hang in there.

Message 4 of 5
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Impact of Judgment status?

if you are looking for the point impact, having one judgement removed, and the other one i had changed from open to paid, gave me about a 25 point increase

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.