Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased util lead to score bump?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Increased util lead to score bump?

So I have about 10% util currently, and I'd like to get that much lower and will do so in the next few months.

However, when I use the score simulator on my Exp Plus score, my score goes down if I reduce util further and UP if I increase util 16-29%.
Is this at all representative of how FICO would react in the same situation?
I will NOT BE increasing util, however LOL! Not a chance.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Increased util lead to score bump?

I wouldn't recommend trying to predict FICO scoring based on the EX plus simulator.

My guess is that you'll see a FICO score drop if your utilization increases.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Re: Increased util lead to score bump?

This isn't the exact same situation, but I had something similar happen to me with Credit Karma's FACO TU score.  It showed that if I went from 97% utilization to 4% utlization, my score would drop from 718 to 650.  Sure enough, when the report updated on Friday, my score dropped to 650.  I purchased my score here to make sure that hadn't really happened.  On this site my TU score went from 690 to 751.  I'm going to assume TU04 reacted teh same way.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.