Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry categories and binning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry categories and binning

@Remedios wrote:

Four points lost when HP for personal loan reached 30 days. Screenshot_20201015-061930_myFICO.jpg

Screenshot_20201015-062401_Gmail.jpg

Awesome! Thank you @Remedios! So, we now have 1 dp that PLs are in fact buffered. Great first step! More DPs please Community! We need confirmation this happens across lenders and is not just USB's practice.

Now, assuming PLs are normally buffered, the next question (while continuing to collect DPs for all questions) is whether de-dupe logic is also applied.

I would like to say it is, but I lack evidence to conclude buffering and de-duplication is a package deal. PLs could buffer yet not de-dupe, but I think they come together. So help me resolve this Community. 

Who has taken multiple inquiries within 45 days for a loan that is not car, house, or SL? Penalty buffered 30 days? One or multiple penalties?

Please submit DPs on whether your PLs or "other" loans have inquiries buffered or de-duped. 

Have a great day Community! Thanks again to Remmy for stepping up with helpful DPs! I know there are others, please post. 

Message 41 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump.
Message 42 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , I have now comfortably passed the one-month mark on my PenFed opening and have had no additional pull beyond the initial EQ9 pull that was coded as a mortgage pull. I wasn't sure whether that pull was only for the PCR card or if there would be a delayed pull for membership, especially since the first one was coded for mortgage, but as the anniversary date would have been 10/19/2029, it appears that in the case of PenFed at least, despite the coding, there is no delayed pull. I'm not sure if this answers or attempts to answer any question asked but that's the DP I can provide from them in my experience. Hope it adds to the results!

Message 43 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous , I have now comfortably passed the one-month mark on my PenFed opening and have had no additional pull beyond the initial EQ9 pull that was coded as a mortgage pull. I wasn't sure whether that pull was only for the PCR card or if there would be a delayed pull for membership, especially since the first one was coded for mortgage, but as the anniversary date would have been 10/19/2029, it appears that in the case of PenFed at least, despite the coding, there is no delayed pull. I'm not sure if this answers or attempts to answer any question asked but that's the DP I can provide from them in my experience. Hope it adds to the results!

@Anonymous No score loss at pull or 30 days later? So binned? OK how many loan inquiries do you have within 12 and 24 months? Which bureau did you say?

And which scorecard are you on?

Message 44 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous No score loss at pull or 30 days later?
I lost four points on EQ FICO8 as a result of the hard pull. No score loss 30 days later.
So binned? OK how many loan inquiries do you have within 12 and 24 months?
I have one loan inquiry for the PCR card itself which showed up four days after my app (that was the EQ9 pull coded as a mortgage pull that PenFed did for my card). One additional loan HP 5/27/2020 when I bought my car. That's it for loan pulls on my report.

Which bureau did you say?

This was all on Equifax - the car loan and PenFed.

My Equifax is dirty, aged, thick, new accounts under 12 months, no public records.

Message 45 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous No score loss at pull or 30 days later?
I lost four points on EQ FICO8 as a result of the hard pull. No score loss 30 days later.
So binned? OK how many loan inquiries do you have within 12 and 24 months?
I have one loan inquiry for the PCR card itself which showed up four days after my app (that was the EQ9 pull coded as a mortgage pull that PenFed did for my card). One additional loan HP 5/27/2020 when I bought my car. That's it for loan pulls on my report.

Which bureau did you say?

This was all on Equifax - the car loan and PenFed.

My Equifax is dirty, aged, thick, new accounts under 12 months, no public records.

@Anonymous thank you very much for the data points. I'm sorry I thought you did not have a point loss on the initial pull. But, this was coded as mortgage and it did take points immediately then? Weird. Is there no chance anything else was responsible for the four points?

Message 46 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries and you're welcome. As for your other questions, I do not believe there'd be any other reason for a point loss. Mid-month app so no aging factors would play in, I have no statement dates at that time that might influence scores via balance reporting, no status changes for any accounts, no derog-related activity, and my Wayfair card didn't officially close until a week ago. 

But yes, it was coded as a mortgage pull on 9/19 and according to my notes, the four point loss was reported the next day on EQ via my MF subscription.

Message 47 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous thank you for the confirmation! 

Message 48 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing. By all means if any ideas or questions pop to mind, fire away. Also, as further clarification on my previous post, I had no other inquiries at the time either. My last inquiry before PenFed was the HP for the car loan in May, so I had about 3m3w between pulls.

Message 49 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure thing. By all means if any ideas or questions pop to mind, fire away. Also, as further clarification on my previous post, I had no other inquiries at the time either. My last inquiry before PenFed was the HP for the car loan in May, so I had about 3m3w between pulls.

@Anonymous Did you give me your total number of inquiries within 12 months subdivided into categories upthread? Think you may have, but didn't go back and check. 

Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.