Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry showing up on CK, but not Discover Fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiry showing up on CK, but not Discover Fico

I was comparing my transunion report that I get from my Discover card and the one from CK and I noticed that an inquiry is missing from my actual report. I had applied for a HP CLI from BofA about a month ago and as I had expected, the inquiry showed up on my CK transunion report as of November 1st, 2017. However, my Discover TU report shows that I have 0 inquiries in the past 12 months. My Discover score updated as of November 12th, 2017, so that should've been enough time for it to show up. Has anything like this happened to anyone? If so, did the inquiry show up on your actual fico report later on? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Inquiry showing up on CK, but not Fico

Op, I too have discover. According to my TU report I have 8 inq. Only 2 of the 8 are over a year, yet FICO provided from my Fico and discover only show 3 inquiries. On Eq. I have 19 inquiries, one is over a year old, yet Fico only scores based on 12 inquiries. I have no idea why.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds to me like the free service from CK has once again bested the paid service of myFICO with respect to alerts.  I can't tell you how often I read about this issue on here and if I were a myFICO paying customer I'd be quite irritated to be honest.

Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

FICO made the decision to only present inquiries that affect scoring, namely ones in the last year (calendar date).

I certainly don't quibble with that decision personally, I don't care about any inquiry older than a year and I doubt any lenders really do either unless they were denying you for some other reason they don't want to disclose.

        
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys.  Our OP's subject line "Inquiry showing up on CK, but not Fico" may be misleading some of the people responding.  If I am reading our OP's post rightly, he's not comparing Karma vs. myFICO.  Rather he's comparing Karma with Discover.

Question for our OP...

It sounds like Discover gives you some kind of "scorecard" that summarizes key elements of your report (in this case inquiries).  Is it possible that the Discover tool you are using is the Discover Scorecard?

https://www.discover.com/free-credit-score/

If so, it draws its info from Experian, not TU.  If the summary tool you are using is tied to your Discover credit card, however, then it should be pulling its data from TU.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have discussed this in another thread but it's applicable here as well: Discover's scorecard has some strange quirks that seem to cause it to not accurately display data. In my case, the value/number displayed for things, like number of recent inquiries, will not be correct - however the color code & descriptor will be. In this example discover says I have 1 HP which should display as green for "good", when I actually have 3 on TU. The inquiry section is colored yellow and described as fair despite saying 1 HP which should read as good. A number of people have brought up issues with discover scorecard data never being entirely correct.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys.  Our OP's subject line "Inquiry showing up on CK, but not Fico" may be misleading some of the people responding.  If I am reading our OP's post rightly, he's not comparing Karma vs. myFICO.  Rather he's comparing Karma with Discover.

Question for our OP...

It sounds like Discover gives you some kind of "scorecard" that summarizes key elements of your report (in this case inquiries).  Is it possible that the Discover tool you are using is the Discover Scorecard?

If so, it draws its info from Experian, not TU.  If the summary tool you are using is tied to your Discover credit card, however, then it should be pulling its data from TU.

Sorry about that I'll fix the title. The report that I was comparing it to was the Discover scorecard, but not the Experian one. The one that I compared it to was the TU report that you can get when you log into your Discover account.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Question for our OP...

Sorry about that I'll fix the title. The report that I was comparing it to was the Discover scorecard, but not the Experian one. The one that I compared it to was the TU report that you can get when you log into your Discover account.

So you have a Discover credit card, right?  This is what you are using to get your score and report info?

If so, your situation as described does sound peculiar.

Message 8 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

My Discover TU Scorecard also shows a different number of inquiries than CK does.

I have 2 TU inquiries, both gotten on the same day about six months ago. Both show up on CK and only one shows up on Discover. At first I wondered if Discover shows only one because they were both auto loan inquiries, but from what I'm seeing here, it's just a quirk. That's odd, because everything else on the scorecard matches CK, except the score, of course, since they come from different models.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.