cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inside Baseball, why does gardening work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inside Baseball, why does gardening work?

@Anonymous wrote:
CGID, good informative post above regarding score card assignment factors. Random question/thought, have you ever wondered why AAoA isn't a factor in scorecard assignment when it's seemingly more important than AoYA and AoOA?

It makes sense to me from an analyzing perspective.

If they have a big AoOA it means they've probably been managing credit wisely for a longer period of time -- AAoA doesn't give you a lot of data there because AAoA can vary widely between similar people with similar risk factors.

AoYA means they've been either seeking credit recently or they haven't.

I can't wait to see what happens to my FICO scores when my tax lien falls off TU and my open collection PFDs hopefully any week now.  

Message 11 of 28
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

This is interesting because of this thread I delved into my 3B report. My AAoA is 7 yeaars 4 months and AoOA is 15 years on EQ. This is the longest of all three bureaus, so obviously it is my highest score. I think once I age my one month old account and get my UTI down into yellow/green colors I may have a decent score. Plus in four months I'll have 12 months between me and my last late payment. I know 24 months is magical, but I'm curious to see what the 12 month does and if it bumps the score. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandman771 wrote:

This is interesting because of this thread I delved into my 3B report. My AAoA is 7 yeaars 4 months and AoOA is 15 years on EQ. This is the longest of all three bureaus, so obviously it is my highest score. I think once I age my one month old account and get my UTI down into yellow/green colors I may have a decent score. Plus in four months I'll have 12 months between me and my last late payment. I know 24 months is magical, but I'm curious to see what the 12 month does and if it bumps the score. 

How bad was your late payment?  I know that FICO also has "dirty" scorecards (which I am in myself) based on derogatory information such as lates, public records, collections, charge-offs.

I have zero late payments, but I do have one tax lien (TU) and one open collection (all 3) and that should clean up shortly, I'm hoping.  I should be switching from a dirty scorecard to the clean one.  Not sure if 30D puts you in a dirty scorecard, I believe it's only 60D or worse.

Message 13 of 28
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

I have 21 old late payments (a mix of 30, 60, 90, and 120s) on one account that will fall off over the next 3 years.

Hard copy for posterity: EQ 675, TU 689, EX 706

I've just started to work on my credit a couple of months ago, and had no credit cards on my file until then. I should be in a dirty scorecard(due to the nasty lates). I will be curiously watching for changes as the new cards age and the lates drop.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah both of us are in dirty scorecards so we have effective ceilings on FICO score that we can't get above no matter what.  Even if I had AoOA > 10 years and AoYA > 2 years I still wouldn't break a certain figure.

Message 15 of 28
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

In the world of dirty mine is almost XXX. Multiple 60D and 90D lates on an old Cap one Auto loan back in 2015. Also some 30D and 60D ones in mid 2016 w/ different lender. I've tried GW with both and both reported as correct. There are some screwups on the Cap one report but it isn't that big of a deal to me at this point in time. I'll get around to dealing with it later. 

I guess the thickness of my file warts and all was what made NFCU approve me in the first place. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The highest I've been able to get my dirty scorecard score is 768 on TU.  That's with the presence of a 4.5 year old 120 day late, with a couple of lesser lates as well on the same account.  Without those lates reported on EX and EQ, I'm at 825 and 838 respectively.  So, on my profile, an old major delinquency is worth 60-70 points give or take.

Message 17 of 28
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

BBS, that's good to know, and better than I was expecting from looking at TT's old scorecard posts. I could be happy enough there 😁
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what the cap for a major delinquency is.  For the longest time I thought it was 764, as that's where my score sat for about a year before ticking up to 768 a few months back.  Since the major has 2.5 years still to fall off, it's possible that during that time it could still go up a bit more.  I'm still hammering away at cleaning up that account with GW, but if I'm unsuccessful I'll be able to provide further data points in the future as the negative account ages toward falling off.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

764/768 is pretty amazing though -- I assume you don't see a lot of denials at that point.

My dirty scorecard is public record based, which I assume is worse than 120D lates but who knows.  I also have an open collection but that's with a utility and I am 99.999% certain they will PFD once it's all approved from the higher ups.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.