Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

I was wondering if 3 years is a benchmark in average age of accounts. My AAoA just slipped back up to 3 years on 2 of my 3 bureaus, but there is so much other stuff going on with my profile I can't tell if I got any mileage out of hitting the 3 year mark, and if so how much.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

Did you see a score increase on those 2B relative to the third?

Message 2 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you see a score increase on those 2B relative to the third?

There's too much going on in my profile right now to be able to isolate anything.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use CCT and on December 31st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 2.9 years and a score of 732. On January 1st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 3 years and my score went up by 2 points to 734 EX FICO 8.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There may be a few points at each year anniversary for age. But I think many on here have seen the biggest point adds form 1, 2, 5, 7, and 7.6. Don’t ask me why lol. Just what many data points have lead people smarter than me to believe. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I use CCT and on December 31st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 2.9 years and a score of 732. On January 1st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 3 years and my score went up by 2 points to 734 EX FICO 8.

I wouldn't think that 2 points would constitute an AAoA threshold crossing, as those 2 points could have come from anything else like an inquiry aging, new account(s) aging, baddie(s) aging, etc.  I would think a true threshold crossing would result in > 2 points, but you never know as these things can be very profile-specific.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't think that 2 points would constitute an AAoA threshold crossing, as those 2 points could have come from anything else like an inquiry aging, new account(s) aging, baddie(s) aging, etc.  I would think a true threshold crossing would result in > 2 points, but you never know as these things can be very profile-specific.

An inquiry did age to 1 year and my score went up 5 points to 739 EX on January 3rd. My new account maybe? Cap1 is only card I have for a about 8 months now. No baddies. I was definitely hoping for a more substantial bump myself at 3 years AAoA. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed. 5 or 10 points minimum would make it significant.

I have a gut feeling that it did prop me up 5 to 10 points, but I can't tell because of everything else going on at the moment.

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

It wasn't for me.

Went across, spreed back down under it, went across again... 0 points every single time.

FWIW the 2 year mark wasn't a big deal for me on a dirty scorecard, but I did see a change +/- 3 points doing this same method.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.