Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a score over 850 possible???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is a score over 850 possible???

Steve777 wrote:
Thanks but don't go through too much trouble on my behalf.

I'll look into getting the real numbers from the three credit reporting agencies. TransUnion seems to provide it...for a fee.

The FICO score you get through WaMu is a real FICO.  It is, as you have said, a bankcard-enhanced FICO.

Bankcard-enhanced FICO scores use a range of 250-900, so a score of 855 is entirely possible.  Your Classic FICO will still be in the range of 300-850.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-12-2008 12:25 PM
Message 21 of 25
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It says it is my Bankcard FICO score provided by TransUnion. It shows a chart that goes from 300 to 850, it does not go up to 990. This chart shows that this rating has been anywhere from 811 to 855 over the last year.
If it is not a FICO score why does it say that it is a FICO score provided by TransUnion?
Thanks for the response. I have looked over the other threads on the forum and this seemed like the most logical place to ask about this.
EDIT: Yes, it is through my WaMU account.

Message Edited by Steve777 on 06-12-2008 11:28 AM

Seems like a month ago, this came up, where WaMu is not providing the correct score range on the Bankcard FICO score (the proper name for the PFICO score.) Someone at WaMu took the score range from the classic. I'll see if I can dig up the proper range, although there's a good chance someone will beat me to it! If anyone else remembers this number, please post it for us all.

We also keep seeing posts about the classic TU mortgage score range only going up to 813 or some odd score. After a whole lot of digging, one of the admins determined that this was a figure guessed at long ago by a lender, who printed it on some sort of loan inf, and it's been copy/ pasted on countless documents over the years.

That TU range was 336-843.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

For clarification, this is from the WaMu Credit Cards servicing site:

What score does WaMu display online?
We display a credit card specific FICO score which can range between 250 and 900 [emphasis added].  This score adjusts the Classic FICO score based on bankcard credit risk. The Classic FICO score measures a consumer's general credit risk. Large differences between the Classic FICO score and the credit card specific FICO score indicate a consumer whose general credit risk is different than their bankcard credit risk.
Message 23 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks but don't go through too much trouble on my behalf.
I'll look into getting the real numbers from the three credit reporting agencies. TransUnion seems to provide it...for a fee.

Since ByrdMan and cheddar came up with the correct figure (900), it was no trouble at all! Smiley Very Happy

Just to repeat, you will NOT get the "correct numbers" from the CRA's! You will get your correct reports there, but with the exception of EQ, they won't give you their FICO scores.

EQ sells you your EQ FICO right from their site. TU will sell you your FICO if you sign up for the quarterly monitoring service through them on transunioncs.com, but on the regular site where you pull your reports, they will sell you their TransUnion TransRisk score. This is at the bottom of their score page in extra-tiny, extra-pale print:
"TrueLink is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company; the credit score provided here is not a so-called FICO score. The credit scores of TransUnion may not be identical in every respect to any consumer credit scores produced by any other company."
Experian will sell you their Experian Plus score.

Both these scores are FAKO's, and not used by any lender, with the exception of prosper.com using a modified version of the Plus score.

If you want the scores that almost all lenders look at, get them here. Be sure to first Google fico discount coupon code to get at least 15% off the cost.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-12-2008 04:23 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't forget auto enhanced fico score 900 or something in that area. Personally I'd pull my CR to look for the inquiry to see where they pulled the score from. That is if there is an inquiry...
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.