Did you mean: 

Is a score over 850 possible???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is a score over 850 possible???

fused wrote:

ByrdMan wrote:

The place I eventually bought from had a nice enough guy, but was kind of cheesy.
Like cheddar?Smiley Happy

Har de har har. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 25
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@fused wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

The place I eventually bought from had a nice enough guy, but was kind of cheesy.

Like cheddar?Smiley Happy

Actually, more like limburger.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 25
marty56
Super Contributor

Who cut the cheese?

I mean Pepper Jack with hot peppers  and lots of garlic to make Marty's killer nachos.  What did you think I ment.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

See, I try to think good things about most people, but car salesmen make that very difficult. Esp. after reading that insider sales article that was posted on the auto loan thread, I think.
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then, can someone explain this to me?

I just viewed my credit account through my card company and according to them my FICO score as of May is 855.
Message 15 of 25
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I just viewed my credit account through my card company and according to them my FICO score as of May is 855.

As you can read on multiple threads on these forums, the score that you pulled was not a true FICO score. The credit card companies offer a credit score, but it is not a FICO score. You might have received a "Vantage Score", which has a range going up to 990.
Message 16 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Lel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As you can read on multiple threads on these forums, the score that you pulled was not a true FICO score. The credit card companies offer a credit score, but it is not a FICO score. You might have received a "Vantage Score", which has a range going up to 990.

If you were looking at a score through a WaMu account, it might be a "PFICO" --a credit-card-enhanced FICO score. They have a higher range than classic (mortgage) FICO's that you buy here. They are weighted in favor of history that they think especially predicts credit card behavior, and they are often higher (or lower) than straight FICO's.

And then as Lel wrote, it might be any old FAKO score.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says it is my Bankcard FICO score provided by TransUnion. It shows a chart that goes from 300 to 850, it does not go up to 990. This chart shows that this rating has been anywhere from 811 to 855 over the last year.

If it is not a FICO score why does it say that it is a FICO score provided by TransUnion?

Thanks for the response. I have looked over the other threads on the forum and this seemed like the most logical place to ask about this.

EDIT: Yes, it is through my WaMU account.

Message Edited by Steve777 on 06-12-2008 11:28 AM
Message 18 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
It says it is my Bankcard FICO score provided by TransUnion. It shows a chart that goes from 300 to 850, it does not go up to 990. This chart shows that this rating has been anywhere from 811 to 855 over the last year.

If it is not a FICO score why does it say that it is a FICO score provided by TransUnion?

Thanks for the response. I have looked over the other threads on the forum and this seemed like the most logical place to ask about this.

EDIT: Yes, it is through my WaMU account.

Message Edited by Steve777 on 06-12-2008 11:28 AM

Seems like a month ago, this came up, where WaMu is not providing the correct score range on the Bankcard FICO score (the proper name for the PFICO score.) Someone at WaMu took the score range from the classic. I'll see if I can dig up the proper range, although there's a good chance someone will beat me to it! If anyone else remembers this number, please post it for us all.

We also keep seeing posts about the classic TU mortgage score range only going up to 813 or some odd score. After a whole lot of digging, one of the admins determined that this was a figure guessed at long ago by a lender, who printed it on some sort of loan inf, and it's been copy/ pasted on countless documents over the years.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but don't go through too much trouble on my behalf.

I'll look into getting the real numbers from the three credit reporting agencies. TransUnion seems to provide it...for a fee.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.