cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the FICO score I get from my bank the right one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the FICO score I get from my bank the right one?

Hi,

I've been advised to look up my FICO 8 score. Citibank and Chase provide my "FICO" score for free every month. Is that the same as FICO 8?

Thanks,
Barry
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Is the FICO score I get from my bank the right one?

Citi provides a Fico 8 Card score, which is different from the normal Fico 8, as it goes to 900.

Chase provides only Vantage scores for most cards, I think the Slate provides a real Fico 8. 

The best way to get real scores is to pay to get them. They are available from several companies.

Discover (Transunion) and AmEx (Experian)  give real Fico 8 scores, if you have those, but only from one bureau each.

Message 2 of 4
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

You can get your EX 08 from creditscorecard.com, with their free plan, updated once every 30 days. And again when they decide something important enough has changed.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardecko wrote:
You can get your EX 08 from creditscorecard.com, with their free plan, updated once every 30 days. And again when they decide something important enough has changed.

A slightly different URL is creditscore.com -- which will give you your full Experian report as well as the FICO 8 score once per month.  Some people signup at both web sites staggered by 14 days apart and obtain two FICO 8 scores a month (drawn on Experian) plus the monthly EX report.

And of course there's always the $1 trial offer at Credit Check Total which gets you all three FICO 8 scores (EX, EQ, TU).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.