cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a score boost when AOYA reaches 6 months?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Is there a score boost when AOYA reaches 6 months?

It's good to know I'm not crazy.

Thanks @Anonymous Smiley LOL

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
OK so correct me if I’m wrong, but at that point you would’ve been clean/aged/thick/new account? And we’re assuming new account is less than 12 months AoYA.

Yes, that's correct. 

Message 22 of 42
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

So a question, re: TU AAOA at 9 months:

Was this just on TU FICO 8 classic or did it happen on other scores if they were being tracked?

There was some old wisdom on the forum when all we had was FICO 04 and earlier that AAOA was rounded to 1 year for everything up to 2 years: I wasn't hardcore analyzing scores back then but I concretely got the breakpoint at AAOA 2 years on EQ FICO 5 absolutely, double-checked it even by going above and below twice.

I had zero access to TU FICO 4 at the time, and the TU '98 monitoring here was pretty bad so I never invested in it.

        
Message 23 of 42
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It was TU 8 classic. I did not have access to additional scores for TU and EQ through EX monitoring. 

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

So a question, re: TU AAOA at 9 months:

Was this just on TU FICO 8 classic or did it happen on other scores if they were being tracked?

There was a +9pt jump on TU FICO 4 at AoYA 3mo. AAoA 7mo.

This is everything that changed from AAoA 8mo to AAoA 9mo (AoYA 4mo to 5mo):

AoYA 4 months to 5 months. AAoA 8 to 9mos.

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, we need the memberships help to figure this out, so we need members with the following profiles to come forward and state whether or not they received awards and the amount at three and six months AoYA, please. We don’t know exactly where the lines are, so please state your total number of accounts (open and closed) and your AooA, whenever you list your information, please. Please also make a note if you are a revolver only or installment loan only profile.

1.clean/aged/thin/new account profile

2.clean/aged/thick/new account profile

3.clean/nonaged/thin/new account profile

4.clean/nonaged/thick/new account profile

Maybe with this we can figure out what profiles it does apply to and which ones it doesn’t and the presumptive awards.
Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also important for data purposes that one pulls their scores on the 30th/31st or whatever just before their AoYA hits the next month (3 or 6) and then again on the 1st/2nd after the age change just to attempt to limit other variables.

AAoA should also be mentioned here, as that metric increases by 1 month every month as well.  If a threshold were reached in terms of AAoA (say, 78 months) at the same time AoYA reached (say) 6 months, a 5 point score gain could come from either factor, where if AAoA ticked to (say) 73 months the chances of it being a factor is reduced considerably, helping isolate the AoYA change.

Message 27 of 42
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It's also important for data purposes that one pulls their scores on the 30th/31st or whatever just before their AoYA hits the next month (3 or 6) and then again on the 1st/2nd after the age change just to attempt to limit other variables.

AAoA should also be mentioned here, as that metric increases by 1 month every month as well.  If a threshold were reached in terms of AAoA (say, 78 months) at the same time AoYA reached (say) 6 months, a 5 point score gain could come from either factor, where if AAoA ticked to (say) 73 months the chances of it being a factor is reduced considerably, helping isolate the AoYA change.

I'm still super dubious of the half year ones given how many have been reported and I've only been able to concretely identify 2 ever, I strongly suspect some of those have been conflated with AOYA.

        
Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

I'm still super dubious of the half year ones given how many have been reported and I've only been able to concretely identify 2 ever, I strongly suspect some of those have been conflated with AOYA.

In some cases, perhaps, but if we're only talking 3 potential AoYA threshold points (3/6/12 months) it's pretty simple to see if there's a score increase on any month outside of those points that the likely cause is AAoA.

In my case, AoYA was > 12 months when I did my AAoA testing, so IMO AoYA was not a factor at all.

Message 29 of 42
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

In some cases, perhaps, but if we're only talking 3 potential AoYA threshold points (3/6/12 months) it's pretty simple to see if there's a score increase on any month outside of those points that the likely cause is AAoA.

In my case, AoYA was > 12 months when I did my AAoA testing, so IMO AoYA was not a factor at all.

Unless there's breakpoints > 12 months.

Too much new information coming out for me to do more than suggest frankly, I know that reason code that Cassie has which shifted definitely still exists longer than that.

        
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.