cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your transunion score almost always higher the the other two?

tag
bekka_786

Is your transunion score almost always higher the the other two?

I only paid fot my Transunion score and was pleasantly surprised by the number. Because I don't have access to the other two I was wonding if I should assume that they are higher or lower than TU.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
STT340

My Transunion score is always highest

My Transunion scores have always been the highest of the three.
Experian always seems to be my middle score while Equifax brings up the rear.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Transunion score is about equal to my Experian score,...

My Transunion score is about equal to my Experian score, Equifax takes the lead here, about 140 points higher, not kidding. Trans- 614   Exp- 609  Equi--763
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My transunion is the middle score. Exp 658, Trans 672, Eq...

My transunion is the middle score.

Exp 658, Trans 672, Equ 728
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TUis my lowest EQ highest 100 pts over TU EX Middle

TUis my lowest
EQ highest 100 pts over TU
EX Middle
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU's about 30 points higher than EQ or EX right now.

My TU's about 30 points higher than EQ or EX right now.
Message 6 of 8
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Hi bekka,   Don't you love being pleasantly surprised? :...

Hi bekka,

Don't you love being pleasantly surprised? : )

Please do keep in mind that there are so many variables in comparing the scores from the 3 CRAs that you'd have to know exactly what is on the other reports and they would all have to have identical information before comparing would be any kind of realistic indicator.

Just to throw another variable in as an example, my TU is mid score on FICO and is also mid score using TrueCredit. TrueCredit can't really be considered an indication of the score lenders will view, but you CAN still use it to track the progress of your credit by providing indication of increase or decrease in points.

Denise

Message Edited by SoulSmilen on 03-30-2007 08:52 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soul got it right.  If you are using FICO score for all t...

Soul got it right.  If you are using FICO score for all three there are other factors that need to be taken into consideration.  Do all three reports contain the exact same info (reporting dates, balance, number of months reveiwed, inquries, etc..)?  Having more accounts or any particular bureau can be positive or negative.  MY Equifax hstory is ten years longer than any of the other two because some of my earlier credtors only reported to Equifax.

If you are trying to compare FICO to a score you're getting from Transunion or Experian, its like comparng applesto oranges.  The other two bureaus use scoring systems on a 950 point scale where FICO uses an 850 point scale. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.