cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is so irritating when the lender doesn't know which version of the score used!

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: It is so irritating when the lender doesn't know which version of the score used!

Thanks P.

She ended up calling saying I needed to come back in and resign, she screwed something up.  I never did get a hard hit from this either.  (Went to EQ today and it's not there, nor did I get a SW report).

The thing is, I'm now thinking I shouldn't even open this card due to the new credit hit.  I already have a CU Visa w/ a 300 limit and they say I can get a reconsideration for a CLI in Feb.

This CU says 6 months and keep my balances low or zero and I can go up past 1000.00.

So what should I do?  Keep the one I have that aged since August, or close it (Contingency of the new one), and get this one w/ the better limit?    (I know closing won't hurt).

I think a 1000.00 limit is better for my credit profile and limits obviously.  But shouldn't I just wait and keep what I have?  IDK.  Any advice appreciated.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 13
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: It is so irritating when the lender doesn't know which version of the score used!

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

Got the truth in lending - Says my Equifax FICO score is 647, nowhere does it give any clue on which FICO version.  So it's either cc enhanced or EQ 08?

They approved me for only 1000.00, but that's better than 300 any day of the week.  She said they said  to do a "hard close" which the CU lady said meant to tell me NO MORE NEW CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I have to go join that garden party. 

Could be CC enhanced, could be EQ Beacon 5.0 like is sold here, could be the latest EQ (Beacon 9.0).

It can be maddening trying to know exactly what is pulled by whom, when, where, and why.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Hi, MV.  I know it's not EQ 5.0 bc I got a SW alert before I went in and I was at 633.  The form that says my score is 647 also says "EQUIFAX"

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 12 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:
 Hi, MV.  I know it's not EQ 5.0 bc I got a SW alert before I went in and I was at 633.  The form that says my score is 647 also says "EQUIFAX"

I'm confused by this which is not an unusual state for me. All Equifax score versions are called Beacon scores. Can you clarify what you mean?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.