Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jcpenny CC Authorized user question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jcpenny CC Authorized user question

Hi!

My mom has had her JCP CC for over 10 years, free of baddies. Today, she added me as an authorized user. Im a little confused though. Will it report to my credit as a new account or will it report her full 10 year history? My AAoA is about 2 years so im hoping it would boost it up.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jcpenny CC Authorized user question

It will report history starting the month you became AU but you will inherit the age of the account for AAoA purposes

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This account still hasnt reported to my credit.... Any help??!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only been two weeks.  It might well take up to two months for it to begin to appear on your reports. 

On the plus side, the AU account will help you with more than AAoA (Average age of accounts).  It will also help you with Age of Oldest Account.  That's a different factor.  How old is your oldest account right now?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was done sept 10 so it's been a little over a month and a half now. But my oldest account is 3 years.

Thanks for the info!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops, I misread the date.  Your initial post mentioned that your mom had added you "today" and that post was on Sept 15.  I read that as Oct 15.

You'll get a real nice boost to your Age of Oldest Account when it appears.  From 3 to 10.  Do you know when your Mom's last statement date was for the JC Penney card?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like we are both mixed up with the dates! Lol Sept 14 is correct. The 2nd statement just cut. It's the 23rd.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

A completely reasonable guess is that JCP might have taken a couple weeks to do the housekeeping on its end.  (E.g. end of Sept.)  Then they might not have reported it till the next time the statement printed.  (Oct 23 or perhaps a few days after.)  And then it might take another week or two for the CRAs to update their databases.

So giving it another week would be very reasonable, maybe even a bit more.  Do you have a tool that enables you to pull your credit reports as often as ince a week?   If not, Credit Karma is a good choice and it is free.  It will enable you to check once a week to see if the account has appeared yet.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! I totally missed that you replied....whoops lol

I do have CK but nothing yet. Im losing hope!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, let's see.  Here's an overview of the dates thus far:

Sept 14: You were added as an AU

Sept 23: The JC Penney card billing cycle ended and a statement was generated.

Oct 23:   The JC Penney card billing cycle ended and a statement was generated.

Nov 8:     You pulled your reports and nothing on them

Did I get those right?

If you pulled the reports on fresh data today (as opposed to waiting passively for an alert) and the card has still not appeared, then you or your mom may want to give JCP a call.  Find out if they have reported you an an AU and if so when.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.