Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment ?

tag
poops
Contributor

Judgment ?

I just pulled my free EQ credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com and saw that the only major baddie (a Judgment from 2005) was not listed. The judgment's DOFD was 2/2005. I thought it was not going to come off till next month - 2/2012. Pleasant surprise...

I would like to see how this removal has affected my FICO EQ score. Do you think if I pull a Myfico EQ report/score, I will see the same judgment no longer listed? Do annualcreditreport.com and myfico look at the same data/source for information?

Thanks in advance for all insight.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgment ?

@poops wrote:

I just pulled my free EQ credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com and saw that the only major baddie (a Judgment from 2005) was not listed. The judgment's DOFD was 2/2005. I thought it was not going to come off till next month - 2/2012. Pleasant surprise...

I would like to see how this removal has affected my FICO EQ score. Do you think if I pull a Myfico EQ report/score, I will see the same judgment no longer listed? Do annualcreditreport.com and myfico look at the same data/source for information?

Thanks in advance for all insight.

If you pulled all three reports from annualcreditreport.com and it is no longer showing on any of those reports then it should not be showing on any report you pull through MYFICO. 

Negative information can stay on your reports for 7 - 7 1/2 years depending on the negative and sometimes as long as 10 years. The key to remember is that "it can stay" for that long but it may not stay for that long. Most of the CRA's drop a little early but not always so YMMV.

Same thing holds true on positive accounts, It can stay on report positively for up to 10 years and sometimes it stays on even longer. The key is still "it can stay" for that long but it may not.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
poops
Contributor

JM... Thanks for the response.

I made the mistake of purchasing the EQ score on annualcreditreport.com as well. After purchasing, it said it was an Equifax Risk Score. Funny enough it was 3 pts higher than my score was when I checked it on myfico in late Nov. 2011. So, perhaps it's not a FAKO...

Message 3 of 4
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@poops wrote:

JM... Thanks for the response.

I made the mistake of purchasing the EQ score on annualcreditreport.com as well. After purchasing, it said it was an Equifax Risk Score. Funny enough it was 3 pts higher than my score was when I checked it on myfico in late Nov. 2011. So, perhaps it's not a FAKO...

Some people have noticed that their FICO scores and Risk scores are close, but others report that they can be quite different.  Any correlation between your FICO score and any non-FICO score is purely coincidental.  Also, different credit scores pulled 2 months apart - especially when there have been clear changes, such as the dropping of a judgment - cannot be compared.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.