Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just another AZEO data point

tag
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Another update

@NYC_Fella wrote:

Went from AZEO to AZE2 to AZE3 and now to AZE4 over the last few months as an experiment. No drop in EX 08 score at all.

Dirty thick files seem insensitive to AZEX as long as total utilization is below 5%. At least in my case!

At AZE5 today with no change in the score. Perhaps my 5-year-old BK7 is overwhelming everything else.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another update

@NYC_Fella wrote:

@NYC_Fella wrote:

Went from AZEO to AZE2 to AZE3 and now to AZE4 over the last few months as an experiment. No drop in EX 08 score at all.

Dirty thick files seem insensitive to AZEX as long as total utilization is below 5%. At least in my case!

At AZE5 today with no change in the score. Perhaps my 5-year-old BK7 is overwhelming everything else.

FICO 8 is not nearly as sensitive to the number of accounts with a balance as the previous score models. If utilization is optimized you could have several accounts reporting a balance and still see strong scores on FICO 8. Older models, like 5,4,2 and industry specific scores on 8 will still react pretty negatively to having a high number of cards with a balance.

Message 32 of 35
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just another AZEO data point

I usually try to practice AZEO,  but alternate accounts with a balance......When I made an error and went to all zero .... my scores plummeted between 17- 22 points.

A few days later.....  I let a $ 6 balance report,   and scores came back to where they were..... adding back 17, 21 & 22 points as soon as only a

$ 6 balance reported...back to where I was at 771- 777 now,   Really unbelievable 

Message 33 of 35
NRB525
Super Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

@NYC_Fella wrote:

Presumably still at very low overall utilization? How is individual card utilization looking?

These examples are why I try to clarify to folks excited to start AZEO that the main selling point they are getting is just low utilization. It's simply easier to tell someone AZEO rather than explaining the intricacies of utilization optimization Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 34 of 35
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Presumably still at very low overall utilization? How is individual card utilization looking?

These examples are why I try to clarify to folks excited to start AZEO that the main selling point they are getting is just low utilization. It's simply easier to tell someone AZEO rather than explaining the intricacies of utilization optimization Smiley Happy

Still under 5% overall, although individual is at 30% for the highest-utilization card.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.