Did you mean: 

Just got my TU score after getting EE on my BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my TU score after getting EE on my BK

I am stoked! 780!

My 760 goal has been reached!

From my understanding I should also see some more points next month now that I'm on a clean scorecard for AOYA > 6 months. I have inquiries falling off next month as well.

C162CC04-32DA-44CC-9948-7C8F4F43F9E4.jpeg

Based on those reason codes, it looks like I'm pretty well optimized right now. My oldest revolving line is 5y11m so I doubt that one is going away any time soon. 

It's also interesting that this scorecard assignment thinks I have an established instead of short history. My AOOA is 9y11m on TU and EX and AAOA is 2y2m on EX and 2y4m on TU. EQ also has short credit history as a negative yet it's my thickest file with 2y9m AAOA and the same AOOA. It seems BK penalizes young files more. All three of my BK cards had credit seeking as a negative too. 

I am curious to see what happens with the other two but I'm going to let them fall off organically so it won't be until June/July. 

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got my TU score after getting EE on my BK

Congratulations!! I only hope that I can have a credit score like that someday. Smiley Happy 
Message 2 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!! I only hope that I can have a credit score like that someday. Smiley Happy 

Thank you!

You will get there. If I can do it, you anyone can. I have bad impulse control 😂 

Message 3 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

You will get there. If I can do it, you anyone can. I have bad impulse control 😂 

Omg, me too!!! Did you also get the EE for Equifax and Experian? I don't have a BK on my credit report but I do have a collection due to fall off in April of this year that I'd love to get an EE for. It's my last baddie. 

Message 4 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Omg, me too!!! Did you also get the EE for Equifax and Experian? I don't have a BK on my credit report but I do have a collection due to fall off in April of this year that I'd love to get an EE for. It's my last baddie. 

TU is the only one that offers EE 6 months early. It's 3 with EX and 1 with EQ (so not worth asking them) but I tried using EE with EX on my repo last year and they ended up sending a dispute to the creditor which caused the account to update and crashed my score since it hadn't been updated since I paid it in 2014. Luckily they took it down the next month but yeah, probably won't ask those two for EE. TU is cake though. 

Message 5 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

TU is the only one that offers EE 6 months early. It's 3 with EX and 1 with EQ (so not worth asking them) but I tried using EE with EX on my repo last year and they ended up sending a dispute to the creditor which caused the account to update and crashed my score since it hadn't been updated since I paid it in 2014. Luckily they took it down the next month but yeah, probably won't ask those two for EE. TU is cake though. 

Ahhh, sorry to hear Smiley Sad I've heard the same things about EE's with EX and EQ. I still have outstanding balances on my 2 Capital One cards that are holding my scores down. I'm hoping *fingers crossed* that I'll have at least 1 of them paid off by April. I need a credit mentor...lol. 

Message 6 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Ahhh, sorry to hear Smiley Sad I've heard the same things about EE's with EX and EQ. I still have outstanding balances on my 2 Capital One cards that are holding my scores down. I'm hoping *fingers crossed* that I'll have at least 1 of them paid off by April. I need a credit mentor...lol. 

Well hanging around here it's pretty much impossible to not pick up some good credit habits so you'll get there lol

Message 7 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Well hanging around here it's pretty much impossible to not pick up some good credit habits so you'll get there lol

Awww, thanks! Tbh, I'm kind of excited. DH says that I may more attention to my scores and this forum that I do him..lol. It's true though, I haven't had a clean credit report in sooooooo long. When April comes, I'm definitely going to be making sure I make good choices so I can get the best score possible! Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Awww, thanks! Tbh, I'm kind of excited. DH says that I may more attention to my scores and this forum that I do him..lol. It's true though, I haven't had a clean credit report in sooooooo long. When April comes, I'm definitely going to be making sure I make good choices so I can get the best score possible! Smiley Happy 

Yeah I've been in BK jail since 8/2010 and before that I had never even had a late payment so I hear ya on the clean credit excitement. I think that's a large part of the reason I stopped applying for things is knowing my BK was going to be falling off and wanting to be able to see what a year with no apps looks like on my clean file before I go mess it up with inquiries and new accounts again Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 65
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  Congrats!

Message 10 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.