Did you mean: 

Just got my TU score after getting EE on my BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got my TU score after getting EE on my BK

Thanks everyone, I am still over the moon about it! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Yours is one of those profiles that I would show to people who have lost hope. "Oh yeah? Take at look this!"

Congratulations, Saeren!

(BTW, that recycle bin of spades still makes me laugh.)

Yeah I am still baffled with how good my score is. My AOYA is 5 months, AAOA is 2y4m, AOOA is 9y11m, 8 scoreable inquiries, 8 accounts in 6 months, 12 in 12, and 21 in 24. 

The recycle bin is reserved only for those who seek all the credit nonstop. My numbers certainly earn that one haha. 

I am really curious to see what my scores do now though. Unfortunately I'm still too cheap to spend $40 a month to track changes and see what kind of scorecard I have. 

Message 31 of 65
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Many congrats on the BK EE and getting clean!

One thing though: the green entries are absolutely meaningless - those aren't reason codes just someone's interpretation of your credit report (and not the FICO algorithm).

        
Message 32 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

One thing though: the green entries are absolutely meaningless - those aren't reason codes just someone's interpretation of your credit report (and not the FICO algorithm).

Thanks!

Right, I forgot about that part, but the loss of age reason codes is certainly significant regardless because my profile hasn't otherwise changed. Not getting dinged for credit seeking is a huge change too and I don't really understand why I'm not getting dinged for it. I'm still at 21/24, it just appears to not be important to my current scorecard. 

Message 33 of 65
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@Saeren

Sweet!  I am so very happy for you!  Congratulations!  Mission almost complete! Smiley Very Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 34 of 65
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks!

Right, I forgot about that part, but the loss of age reason codes is certainly significant regardless because my profile hasn't otherwise changed. Not getting dinged for credit seeking is a huge change too and I don't really understand why I'm not getting dinged for it. I'm still at 21/24, it just appears to not be important to my current scorecard. 

Congrats Saeren! That is really great news.  

Regarding INQ, keep in mind they fade from actual score impact after 12 months.  

And I second Revelate, the reason codes you have don't really mean anything. The list you have are forced, they had to give you something to read.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 35 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SleeplessinMA wrote:

@Saeren

Sweet!  I am so very happy for you!  Congratulations!  Mission almost complete! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @SleeplessinMA! Mission almost complete indeed! Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks!

And I second Revelate, the reason codes you have don't really mean anything. The list you have are forced, they had to give you something to read.  

Thanks!

And while I understand about the positive reason codes being fud, I'm addressing the change in negative reason codes. 

BK card: short credit history, presence of BK, seeking credit

clean card: age of revolving accounts

It certainly looks like my clean card finds nothing to complain about with my 2y4m AAOA or 9y11m AOOA or the 21 new accounts in the last 24 months. The BK cards all three had the same three negative reason codes. We will see if EQ and EX feel the same when the BK is gone from them. 

The only inquiries I was counting were scoreable ones. Actually it looks like TU has been dropping some inquiries since my annual credit report I pulled last month is devoid of all my >12mo INQs. 

At least for now it looks like my new scorecard isn't dinging me for credit seeking so I'm curious what happens with the new AOYA factor I wasn't being subjected to when I was dirty. 

Message 37 of 65
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!

And while I understand about the positive reason codes being fud, I'm addressing the change in negative reason codes. 

It certainly looks like my clean card finds nothing to complain about with my 2y4m AAOA or 9y11m AOOA or the 21 new accounts in the last 24 months. The BK cards all three had the same three negative reason codes. We will see if EQ and EX feel the same when the BK is gone from them. 

The only inquiries I was counting were scoreable ones. Actually it looks like TU has been dropping some inquiries since my annual credit report I pulled last month is devoid of all my >12mo INQs. 

At least for now it looks like my new scorecard isn't dinging me for credit seeking so I'm curious what happens with the new AOYA factor I wasn't being subjected to when I was dirty. 

Unfortunately, and I HATE HATE HATE this about the myFICO and everyone else's product: the FICO 8 reason codes are kinda junk; namely, they're only giving you 1 out of the 4 you would have straight from the bureaus.  I complained about this bitterly when I was giving product feedback, but if you have the full monitoring some of the TU alerts will actually give you all 4 reason codes from the bureau.

Your usual short credit history (or whatever the verbiage is these days on the myFICO interface) is still there, it's just not #1 anymore: AOYRA is, and that wasn't a thing in your former BK scorecard.  Different scorecards have different reason code sets, and while they're in large part similar new accounts which with FICO 8 appears to be explicitly revolvers, doesn't factor at all on derogatory scorecards.  They didn't factor in the derogatory scorecards either for the older versions, but pretty sure it was installment loans too there.

        
Message 38 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone, I am still over the moon about it! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Yours is one of those profiles that I would show to people who have lost hope. "Oh yeah? Take at look this!"

Congratulations, Saeren!

(BTW, that recycle bin of spades still makes me laugh.)

Yeah I am still baffled with how good my score is. My AOYA is 5 months, AAOA is 2y4m, AOOA is 9y11m, 8 scoreable inquiries, 8 accounts in 6 months, 12 in 12, and 21 in 24. 

The recycle bin is reserved only for those who seek all the credit nonstop. My numbers certainly earn that one haha. 

I am really curious to see what my scores do now though. Unfortunately I'm still too cheap to spend $40 a month to track changes and see what kind of scorecard I have. 

Saeren - what credit monitoring service do you use to track your scores? 

Message 39 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, and I HATE HATE HATE this about the myFICO and everyone else's product: the FICO 8 reason codes are kinda junk; namely, they're only giving you 1 out of the 4 you would have straight from the bureaus.  I complained about this bitterly when I was giving product feedback, but if you have the full monitoring some of the TU alerts will actually give you all 4 reason codes from the bureau.

Your usual short credit history (or whatever the verbiage is these days on the myFICO interface) is still there, it's just not #1 anymore: AOYRA is, and that wasn't a thing in your former BK scorecard.  Different scorecards have different reason code sets, and while they're in large part similar new accounts which with FICO 8 appears to be explicitly revolvers, doesn't factor at all on derogatory scorecards.  They didn't factor in the derogatory scorecards either for the older versions, but pretty sure it was installment loans too there.

But why did I have three before, using the same Experian product?

This is what it said 2/1 when I pulled.

score.JPG

Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.