Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just tried to check score using annualcreditreport and couldn't see scores

tag
appstate
Valued Member

Just tried to check score using annualcreditreport and couldn't see scores

I know I must be missing this blatent thread, so please forgive me.

I just tried to check my scores (1st time since Feb) and I can't get any scores.  I did get a report from Transunion, it gave me my credit history but no score.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Just tried to check score using annualcreditreport and couldn't see scores

@appstate wrote:

I know I must be missing this blatent thread, so please forgive me.

I just tried to check my scores (1st time since Feb) and I can't get any scores.  I did get a report from Transunion, it gave me my credit history but no score.

Hi...can you please clarify a bit?

Your subject title says, "Just tried to check score using annualcreditreport and couldn't see scores."

Annual credit report is where you will get your free annual credit report from the three credit bureaus. That site does not give you FICO scores.

You can purchase Equifax and TransUnion FICO scores through myFICO under various plans, but you can't get them from the Annual Credit Report site.

And, I'll add...be careful of other sites that say they sell you your "credit scores." Those scores are usually not FICO scores.

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You can get your EQ FICO score via annualcreditreport. EQ and FICO have a partnership and you can get your EQ FICO directly from EQ (so as long as it isn't part of a 3-in-1 purchase).

As Lynette mentioned, you can't get your EX FICO (well, you can't pull an EX FICO from anywhere anymore) and you can't get your TU FICO from ACR.

Message 3 of 7
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

You can get your EQ FICO score via annualcreditreport. EQ and FICO have a partnership and you can get your EQ FICO directly from EQ (so as long as it isn't part of a 3-in-1 purchase).

As Lynette mentioned, you can't get your EX FICO (well, you can't pull an EX FICO from anywhere anymore) and you can't get your TU FICO from ACR.

Hi...thanks for the correction. I didn't know that. I've seen posted many times that myFICO and the credit bureaus' own sites are the only sites where you can get true FICOs.

I learn every day here...

Message 4 of 7
appstate
Valued Member

Thanks for eveyone's responses.

I was looking for my FICO score.  I assumed I could get my FICO at ACR.com.  Can't you get your FICO score every quarter?

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

appstate wrote:

Thanks for eveyone's responses.

I was looking for my FICO score.  I assumed I could get my FICO at ACR.com.  Can't you get your FICO score every quarter?

As an FYI, you can get your EQ FICO score from your lender if they pull it, from myFICO, or directly from Equifax.com (or ACR). You can get your TU FICO from your lender if pulled, from myFICO, and from transunioncs.com (note the -cs). Finally, the only place you can get your EX FICO is from your lender. You can also get your EX FICO from a CU in PA called PSECU as a monthly mention on your statement. Any score pulled from any other source is likely a FAKO score and not a FICO.

You can pull your FICO scores daily should you so choose. It would be a bit pricey I suppose. Personally, I pull 2-3x per month, but I'm looking to buy a new home soon one day.

Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You are entitled to one free credit report per CRB per year through annualcreditreport.com. The scores (whether FICO or FAKO) are not free. You have to pay for them. If paying be absolutely certain you are buying a FICO score. The other scores are not worth the $'s.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.