cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

King of rejection: who'll give me a loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

King of rejection: who'll give me a loan?

Was turned down yesterday by WAMU and for a pay pal Visa. My Fico Equifax was 674. WAMU pulled TU which I got today and although nothing to write home about wasn't as bad as I thought at 618. Been reading a lot about TU. Mine was accurate except they haven't reported my one credit card for this month yet and the other ones have. I'll get a boost when it does because its showing $200 limit and balance now 100% uti must hurt. TU only one reporting for 2 emergency room visits I owed for (no health ins.) CA listed it as 10 separate accounts all for the different tests and X-rays I guess. A few hundred each. I was able to get all my disputes deleted except for about 5 of the medical but it doesn't seem to have too much impact on my score. I pay the CA a small amount when they call me and when an account is paid I dispute it with TU and it gets deleted. I think by doing this it keeps them from transferring it to someone else who may report to all three. So maybe this helps someone out you'd be better off paying your balances or sitting on the money before paying debts over 2 years old. I can't imagine why but live and learn. There's a lot to be learned from other people's experiences. Anyway... Back to my problem... I could use some immediate funding...Self employed contractor...no wife no kids, no car loans..1 card that I paid $150 for a $200 limit for.First Premier they report every month...618 TU..674 EQ...  no EX yet probably in between..All should be 700+ in near future but life is short business slowed down and NEED CASH NOW!  Where do I turn.. Tried Prosper...com got through the whole app  and  they don't do business in my state  Rhode Island.. Searching for my first property now.Need an installment loan 5-10k to use as leverage  when I find the right deal. Open to any suggestions. Gurus talk to me I'm at the end of my rope......Much appreciated!!!!!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: King of rejection: who'll give me a loan?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the lead Masdeocho. Seemed a little too desperate. Don't want to beg. The people on that site really need the money. Operations,family crisis and pretty much desperate measures. Guess I'm not too bad off after all. I'll ride it out till the next investigation resolves .That should give me enough of a boost to make the difference. I think joining a credit union will improve my chances of approval. Are those loans considered hard like the bank or would they potentially hurt like a finance company? Which seem to be the best? What credit cards are easiest to get with quick increases? Anybody having luck. I've read a lot of your stories and analyzed the whogavemecredit site but I guess you never know which number they'll pick. It's all a big crapshoot with the cards and they'll use the middle one for a mortgage.What about assuming someone's mortgage? Find someone who's willing to work  out a deal for his equity and take over the payments. That would mean no credit check, right? There's someone out there who doesn't want their property. You have to sift through like you're panning for gold. You pick through a lot of gravel for that one tasty nugget. Still looking for mine so I welcome any feedback.Thanks again.
Message 3 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Your EQ score should be good enough for a Citi card.

Your TU is bit low, but these companies are exclusive TU pullers:

Hooters Card
Canival Sea Miles
State Farm Visa
Wells Fargo Financial (not Wells Fargo Bank.. The bank division will most likely pull EX).

Good luck!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani..Your input is much appreciated. I applied today with Sun Trust and Chase. For the first time I wasn't immediately shot down. Sun Trust will contact me within 3 days for more info and chase will let me know in 30. I opened a savings at a local credit union with $20 but found out they pulled TU so didn't apply for a loan. After reading the stories on here I now feel ashamed of myself for crying about my situation.I guess it's true no matter how bad you think you have it there's always someone worse off. I was lucky enough to get a small repair job for $250 that I'm doing tomorrow so I'm no longer a desperate wreck. I think these bastards can sense it. One more note I disputed a charge on my credit card and my Ex report is showing no status. All info is coming up N/A. Without that account I don't think a score will register so I'm not gonna pull it till it's updated.EQ is reporting it with only an alert there's a dispute. TU still working on last month's info. I would say to all don't dispute anything. Even though I got my $28 back My Ex is toast till it's updated. Live and learn, right? Thanks again to all you guys. I've learned more about credit reading these threads for 2 days than I have my whole life.I'll keep you posted.
Message 5 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Good for you, seems things are looking up! Be sure to post your results!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, I tried for that Citi and going to be considered. They sent an e-mail stating they'd let me know within 30 days. My first correspondence that wasn't to shoot me down. Creditboards.com had extensive data on who pulls what.Go to forums then scroll down to resources and click credit pulls.Put in the info you want and presto. Go to the last page for most recent pulls.Better results than whogavemecredit in my opinion but both are good.Came across a thread on how to remove inquiries figured I'd pass it along . Only works on EQ.Start a dispute without a conf#. Put in your Zip and under company put the name of inquirer and under acct# type inquiry (date). They let you do six a day. I had 6 on there 3 within a year. From what I read should go up 3-9 points depending how many you have on there. I'll let you know what happens but the author of the thread says its a fact. Not much but it may help. Every point counts,right? Good luck to you all ...There is hope despite how bad you think you've got it. Positive thinking is one of your greatest tools. Be creative. Your mind is capable of much more than you think. Thanks for all the help. All input is welcome and very much appreciated.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. good to know somebody's on your side. Decided to pull my Ex just to see how the upcoming changes will effect it. Seems they march to the beat of a different drummer over there. You get more details about your account so it's worth delving in as deep as you can. Seems I wasn't right on with my assumptions. It's showing my First Premier account as active just no balance or history. They gave me a 645 but I'm not getting any positive factors from the card. Also got a paid settlement on there from a catscan a year and a half ago. I settled before it was supposed to go on but it did anyway.Showing up as 2 separate accounts one for $ 333 and one for $91.Instead of under collections it's under derog accounts as an installment.They also give you a seven year history on Ex which reveals 4 over 90 day lates on both. (how do they get away with this **bleep**). I noticed it a month ago and called the CA.Gave them another $80 (difference between orig. amount and settlement) and supposed to be deleted. Called back a week later when it wasn't and the lady said they reported it but the CRA's have up to 120 days to report it. Don't know if that's true but I disputed it with each one and waiting on results. I'll let you know what happens with that. Should get a big boost if they're removed along with the update of the credit card. Have to wait and see what happens. Keep fighting everybody. It will happen. Good luck to all and thanks for your help.
Message 8 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also try  HSBC or Orchard. Both will pull a soft inq to determine if you are eligible.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help Tuscani.I did try them a couple of days ago and was only eligible for a secured card. The hell with them all. I'll be patient and wait it out. Got a call from a previous customer that needs some more work done. Things are looking up. Good luck to all!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.