Not applicable

Re: Late payments after charge-off

@fused111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Calamity wrote:
Lates always help your scores!

I beg your pardon?

I wish I could say it looks like a typo!Smiley Happy

It is a typo: e-l-p should have been u-r-t. Only three letters mistyped. Very common mistake ...

Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 29
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Quest76 wrote:
Hi Tuscani,

Just following up: 

In my email dated 7/6/07 @ 9:25am I explained how Fair Isaac added those recent dates of being 90 days late on the myFICO Experian report (whereas Experian directly does not show those recent dates).

In your email dated 7/6/07 @ 1:23pm you mentioned that Fair Isaac cannot add information, but that you were going to look into this.

Just checking to see if you've gotten any feedback about this?  Thanks Tuscani.

I suspect it is a display error with the new report format. Assuming that is the case, your scores shouldn't be affected.
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Calamity wrote:
Lates always help your scores!

I beg your pardon?

I wish I could say it looks like a typo!Smiley Happy

It is a typo: e-l-p should have been u-r-t. Only three letters mistyped. Very common mistake ...

Smiley Happy

Wish I could say I agree, but I suppose I'm just going to have to set charges and blow the bridge before any more crawl out from under it.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem (90 days late shows up multiple times on FICO report, but not on underlying report from Experian).  Were you able to resolve this?  If so, how?
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payments after charge-off------Tuscani????????

Prior to my eailer post today, I searched the forums and I am still searching the forums for an answer to my post.

This is a copy of your post to the op
___________________________________________________________________________________

Quest76 wrote:
Hi Tuscani,

Just following up: 

In my email dated 7/6/07 @ 9:25am I explained how Fair Isaac added those recent dates of being 90 days late on the myFICO Experian report (whereas Experian directly does not show those recent dates).

In your email dated 7/6/07 @ 1:23pm you mentioned that Fair Isaac cannot add information, but that you were going to look into this.

Just checking to see if you've gotten any feedback about this?  Thanks Tuscani.

your post back to the op was:  I suspect it is a display error with the new report format. Assuming that is the case, your scores shouldn't be affected.
__________________________________________________________________________________

According to my scorewatch that I purchased today, it said that one factor hurting my score was one late payment within the last 7 months. Cap One is the only one showing a late payment in that time frame. I only have one other late payment, that was to JC Penny over five years ago and it was a 30 day late.
Also, since this cap one acct is co and closed, dola was 05/2002. How can you be late on a closed account?

I read over the FCRA and it states that if neg. info is reported, they must notify you within five days.
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pay off a chargeoff in its entirety will this help your credit score?

Message 28 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If you pay off a chargeoff in its entirety will this help your credit score?

Likely no, but it depends on a couple of factors. For example, if it were a CC and that CO'd CC factored into CC utilization in a negative way, then paying it off could help your utilization and that alone can help your FICO. Conversely, if it were a CO'd CC and maybe it was CO'd because someone forgot about an annual fee, and that CC helped your util, then paying it off would increase your overall util and that can hurt your score. Another factor is the status. If it were just CO'd with no payments and had an active status of a CO, then paying it off would change the status to "was a CO" and some have seen slight improvements. It depends on when it reported last. If it were an older CO, then likely no change. If it just CO'd this month and was paid, then there might be room for a score improvement when it updates next.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.