Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments due to Natural Disaster

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Late payments due to Natural Disaster

I have 4 or 5 late payments due to Hurricane Katrina. I reported this to the 3C's reporting agencies. The late payments are still on my credit reports. Also noted on my credit reports is a remark....Late Payments due to Natural Disaster.....I assume my credit score is still being hurt by the late payments but what good does noting late payments due to natural disaster do for my credit score?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payments due to Natural Disaster

I have no idea it this is part of the scoring model or not-
I would ask your creditors to adjust these-

@Madison wrote:
I have 4 or 5 late payments due to Hurricane Katrina. I reported this to the 3C's reporting agencies. The late payments are still on my credit reports. Also noted on my credit reports is a remark....Late Payments due to Natural Disaster.....I assume my credit score is still being hurt by the late payments but what good does noting late payments due to natural disaster do for my credit score?

Message 2 of 3
Madison
Regular Contributor

Re: Late payments due to Natural Disaster

Thanks, just made telephone call to bank and he is looking at removing late payments during the time period due to Natural Disaster. He will call me back after reviewing it. I will keep you posted.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.