Myfico TU98:  638

Lender TU04:  667

CreditKarma TU (Transrisk):  642

Myfico Equifax:  635

Lender Equifax:  635

Experian Plus:  649

Experian (Quizzle):  690

Experian Lender:  678

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Lender Scores vs. Myfico & Fakos

Very Interesting ~ thanks for posting this !

It seems that all of your FICO/FAKO scores are within +- 5% of each other, except for the EX Quizzle FAKO.    Many people see wide variances, 10% or more, between FAKO and FICO scores....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 29
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I've found most FAKOs weigh PRs much differently. To the point that I had a 73 point increase in FICO and nary a blip on almost all FAKOs when an old tax lien was removed. FAKOs can be very far off. A year ago my Score Plus FAKO had me at the (better than) 98% rank order while my EQ FICO had me at 40% (690's). It doesn't get much more different than that.

Even VantageScore, which is a valid score some (not many) lenders use, didn't ding me for the old paid lien, so it didn't correlate with my FICO scores.

OTOH, Citi's "Identity Monitor" matched reasonably well with EQ and TU FICOs including during the lien changes. Not that that means it will be close with other people.s CRs.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 3 of 29
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

I can't tell you how relieved I was to see how much higher Experian & TU were compared to pitiful Equifax! EQ love, loves, loves to drop my oldest accounts (positive accounts, that is) while TU and EX keep them on for the 10 years past the closing date.

So basically EQ is not my favorite CB right now! But I'm just glad I am approved for a mortgage!

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 4 of 29
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@wednesdayaddamsd wrote:

I can't tell you how relieved I was to see how much higher Experian & TU were compared to pitiful Equifax! EQ love, loves, loves to drop my oldest accounts (positive accounts, that is) while TU and EX keep them on for the 10 years past the closing date.

So basically EQ is not my favorite CB right now! But I'm just glad I am approved for a mortgage!

I agree..EQ will drop good tradelines as soon as they hit the 10 year mark . EX and TU has kept my

good tradelines well past the 10 year mark ...but I found it easier to remove bad tradelines from EQ than EX and TU......EX being the worst !

Message 5 of 29
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Kato,

EQ doesn't just drop at the 10 year mark, they drop loooong before. I still have old student loans that should be reporting until 2015 that are my oldest accounts on Experian and Transunion that Equifax dropped a long time ago. I even had Nelnet re-report the loans which they were kind enough to do, and Equifax still won't report them.

I had some older credit cards that still report on TU and EX that were closed just a few years ago, which EQ just mysteriously dropped. I HATE EQUIFAX!

Let's just say EQ has had more curse words thrown at it by me over the past 6 months than you probably think exist.  lol....

Message 6 of 29
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@wednesdayaddamsd wrote:

Kato,

EQ doesn't just drop at the 10 year mark, they drop loooong before. I still have old student loans that should be reporting until 2015 that are my oldest accounts on Experian and Transunion that Equifax dropped a long time ago. I even had Nelnet re-report the loans which they were kind enough to do, and Equifax still won't report them.

I had some older credit cards that still report on TU and EX that were closed just a few years ago, which EQ just mysteriously dropped. I HATE EQUIFAX!

Let's just say EQ has had more curse words thrown at it by me over the past 6 months than you probably think exist.  lol....

Did you contact EQ ?

I don't think they are required by law to keep them 10 years .Maybe if you spoke to them and questioned them why

are they removing good tradelines well before the customary 10  year mark you might make some headway .

Ask to speak to a supervisor.

I wish you the best Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

On the other hand, Equifax has been known to drop negative information early too. Smiley Happy

End of the day, the scores the lender pulls are the only one that matters, but the Equifax Becaon 5.0 found here at myfico is often used by mortgage lenders.  Congrats on the approval!

        
Message 8 of 29
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Thank you Revelate. EQ hangs on pretty tightly to my negatives. lol ha hahha.

But all that matters is that TU and EX came through high enough to be approved for a mortgage. So I guess all the hoping, praying, waiting, finger crossing for EQ to please give me another 5 points and get to 640 were unnecessary. Who knew?

I am super excited to hopefully put an offer in on a home soon. This will be the first home I've ever owned. I've always rented because I'm pretty much useless when it comes to shoveling, mowing lawns, etc. (I have never owned a mower or snowblower).

I am kind of scared that I will have to do all of these things for myself now. But at least I'll be doing them in my own house!

Message 9 of 29
BGinVA
Contributor

Interesting discussion about EQ dropping accounts early.  I pulled my EQ report from this site about 2 weeks ago and they are still reporting 1 account from 1993, 2 accounts from 1999 and 1 account from 2000.  But Transunion is still reporting an old Montgomery Wards credit card from 1986, that EQ isn't. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.