Let's talk dirty (scorecards)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's talk dirty (scorecards)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been reading a lot about scorecards, and I think the dirty ones are a bit simpler.  A few years ago there seemed to be some questions about what put you on a dirty scorecard, the concensus now is that a single 60D late keeps you on a dirty card.

AoYA doesn't impact dirty cards.  AZEO doesn't help dirty scorecards either.

I'm on a dirty scorecard and I would say neither of the statements immediately above are consisent with my experience.  I saw a definite bump on my scores when my AoYA recently bumped past 3 months.  I also have seen score improvement with AZEO.  I track all my metrics closely and there would be nothing else to attribute my score shifts to.

What exactly has you on a dirty card? Previous bankruptcy, collection, charge-off, or just an old 60+D?

I have a charge off showing only on Experian.  Several 60/90/120 lates on all bureaus from one account.  Most recent was in 1/2018.

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's talk dirty (scorecards)

Nerdralph Those Points you see at three and six months after getting a new account, I do not believe have anything to do with age of youngest account.

Age of youngest account is a segmentation factor and there is one threshold. At 12 months On FICO 8, you are reassigned to a new scorecard and that results in a score change.

It is my belief that you are awarded a few points three months after adding a new account and it six months after adding a new account. I believe this has more to do with payment history than anything and it does not necessarily rely on three payments being made, but three months of age transpiring without a delinquency.

So those awards at three months do not prove anything about age of youngest account being associated or correlated with it. Remember correlation does not mean causation.

And if you get another new account then it may reset the counter for that; jury still out on that
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.