cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 37 points on Experian and Not sure why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost 37 points on Experian and Not sure why?

Disco closed my cards after a review and one of them was closed with a small balance of $14. This account has one 30 day late payment from 2017. Overall Util went from 8% to 10%. Experian is showing a new reason code which i mentioned below as being 1 month. I have taken a report from AnnualCreditReport this morning but i could not find any missed payment from last month. Most recent late is from Dec 2017 which is the disco card that reported closed today. Equifax got the same updates but score did not budge.

I have checked every account on the report today nothing has a recent missed payment.

I think Experian is coding the closed account with balance as a derog, and being on dirty scorecard (bcos of missed payments aroung 2 years ago), util crossing 9% are all adding up to the penalty i guess.

disco.PNGmissed_payment_mystery.PNG

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Lost 37 points on Experian and Not sure why?

Your negative reason code references 30 day late from a month ago.

I'm assuming you've checked all your accounts and there is no new derog? 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Your negative reason code references 30 day late from a month ago.

I'm assuming you've checked all your accounts and there is no new derog? 

Yep i have checked everything twice. The only late payments are from Dec 2017 on Disco and synch/amazon accounts, which have been there before as well.

Can i talk to experian on this, do they have a way to check anything i am not seeing on my report?

Message 3 of 15
RSX
Valued Contributor

Hopefully it just popped up incorrectly because the status of the account changed - and will resolve itself during the next report

i would pay that $14 off asap

then see if the  next round of reporting fixes this

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSX wrote:

Hopefully it just popped up incorrectly because the status of the account changed - and will resolve itself during the next report

i would pay that $14 off asap

then see if the  next round of reporting fixes this

Yep i payed it today and will ask them to report $0 once it posts. Will update once it posts 0 and see if it resolved this issue

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use Experian's dispute system and dispute that late, putting in the comments that you don't see a late on your hard copy report and you know you weren't late. Normally I would suggest a phone call but with COVID-19, pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get through. You want to get this taken care of ASAP because you don't want that incorrect score to cause other lenders to take action against you. 

Have you tried calling Discover? Maybe offer to pay off the balance for an off cycle report and that will fix it? Disco is great about off cycle reporting. 

ETA: was typing too slow lol. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to Experian, they are saying that i dont have a late payment from last month even though i am seeing it in score ingredients. Rep kept repeating the same thing many time that they cannot see a late payment last month and also mentioned that most recent late payment is from Dec 2017. I dunno what to do now, i think i will have to wait till it reports $0 to see if its brings back any points.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol i have never seen so much difference between FICO 8 and Fico 9. Well 9 seems to code it fine.

I talked to another rep from experian and he said it may be a glitch as he also could not see any kind of missed payment last month or recently. He suggested to wait till it refreshes again and discover reports $0.

He also said that the report they see on their side does not show them score ingredients like the consumer report does.

May be @Anonymous has some insight on what may be going on

exp_all_scores.PNG

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me what phone number you used to reach a live person at Experian @Anonymous? I also woke up to a drop this morning on Experian--59 points. Sorry for your decrease as well. @

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you tell me what phone number you used to reach a live person at Experian @Anonymous? I also woke up to a drop this morning on Experian--59 points. Sorry for your decrease as well. @

called the dispute line 

1 (855) 414-6048

there is atleast 20 min wait. GL

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.