Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest AoOA with an 850 score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowest AoOA with an 850 score?

I started a thread almost exactly a year ago (linked below) where we discussed the youngest age one could obtain an 850 (FICO 8) score.  One of the main variables discussed in that thread was AoOA.  I'd like to revisit the same discussion a year later now, but rather than talk about age of the individual, I'd like to focus only on AoOA.  I'm looking for the youngest AoOA one has possessed to produce an 850 score.  I'd also like to eliminate AU accounts from the discussion, focusing only on non-AU profiles. 

I've always felt that an AoOA in the 15-17 year range was required, but others have theorized that as low as 10-12 years on AoOA could result in an 850 FICO 8 score.  I personally have not seen an 850 reported with an AoOA in the 10-12 year range, but would love to hear a data point for the first time informing me that it's possible.

For those with an 850 score, what was your AoOA at the time you first hit 850?  I'd like to collect data points on that in this thread and will provide them at the bottom of this first post. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Youngest-age-where-850-has-been-achieved...

While not 100% relevant to the discussion started here regarding AoOA, an AAoA of 7+ years is more or less assumed as a starting point, because without that, AoOA could be extremely high but the constraint to 850 would be AAoA. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AoOA in years when 850 score was achieved:

iv – 18

Brutal – 17.2

Octopus – 18.5

Kforce – 23

Dinosaur – 18

Slimshady66 – 31

noobody – 22

Abby3 – 18

marty56 – 33

LOTR – 22

CribDuchess – 28

Tricky3 – 21

tdr – 26

ronron66 – 24

tacpoly – 24

Hale74 – 34

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowest AoOA with an 850 score?

Very interesting topic.  I'll be following to see how it all pans out. 

Message 2 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS Why are you excluding profiles with AU accounts? An AU may help you reach 850 quicker but it’s not gonna allow you to do it with a lower AooA.

But I think it should be noted if it’s an AU account because it could be flagged and be giving a higher AooA than in reality there is.
Message 3 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply put, I just don't like the added variable of an AU account.  If someone wants to post their data with an AU account that's fine, but I prefer straight up profiles that are an apples to apples comparison to the rest.

I'm hoping that some people chime in that have achieved an 850 score with an AoOA of under 17 years, just to show that it's possible.

Message 4 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS I understand you like nice clean data points, nice pretty ones that are common. But what we are looking for is not a common run-of-the-mill case that you’re gonna have a lot of data points on. We are looking for outliers.

The simple fact that you have so many people hitting 850 at ~17 years AooA kind of proves my case. This is going to be a bell curve just like any other exercise in statistics. If you’ve got the majority of people responding at 15 years, don’t you think an outlier Has to be some percentage less? what was the bell curve percentage?

My point is when we’re looking for outliers you cannot just pick and choose what data you want to sift through.

Edit: as a matter of fact it could only skew the data in your favor because it could only give them a higher AooA than the algorithms actually using.

Did you ever get any data back on the members girlfriend who is only a couple points away from perfect at 32? Had she paid down her loan no doubt she would’ve had a perfect score.
Message 5 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not picking and choosing any data and like I said if someone wants to respond with the presence of an AU account, that's fine.  There is also nothing in "my favor" because I'm not favoring anything here.  You're suggesting that I want higher numbers, where in my last post I specifically stated that I hope someone comes in with an AoOA of less than 17 years.  As far as a bell curve goes, I agree, but no doubt the peak of the bell isn't at 17-18 years.  Looking at the [limited] data so far that I listed in the first post of this thread, 17-18 years seems to be on the left outskirt of the bell curve at the moment.  I did not hear anything else about someone's 32 year old GF that was close to 850, but regardless 850 is not 850.  If he/she grabs 850 with a balance paydown by all means I hope they stop by and indicate their AoOA.

Message 6 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

See my edit. I'm not suggesting you are picking and choosing. I know you are looking for lower AooA. I do not question your integrity.

I'm simply trying to say you are probably excluding a portion of more motivated people, which would similarly be the type to get a higher score. "Motivated." If you are motivated to get a high score, and an intelligent person like yourself, you will probably conclude, as you have, that AooA is a limiting factor. So what would a "motivated" person do?

Now, if you are both motivated and that intelligent, what do you think the odds are they'll remedy that by adding an AU? Especially if they are also smart enough to learn that AU accounts ALWAYS count toward AAoA on the mortgage scores? I would posit they would probably add some.

Now, if we run a survey, but we exclude most of these motivated intelligent people, don't you think you are excluding the most probable portion where we may find what we are trying to find?

And I apologize, it was @Kforce's daughter that appeared to have an 830 in 4.5 years. I may have misunderstood that.
Message 7 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NKB246 was the one with a GF 32 with an 846 from your older thread. Did you ever get the data there? Had she paid down the loan, she'd have had an 850.
Message 8 of 55
zerofire
Valued Contributor

What you are asking for is a near impossibility. A person to get 850 of 850 is a perfect score that happens only for fractions of a second and only for a select few that are aiming for it. Sounds to me like you are asking for a hail mary.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire That's my whole point of why you can't leave out the portion of the pie that would most likely have it, if it existed.

And we don't mean sustained 850, just hitting it. But your point is very well taken, someone who isn't trying is not likely to hit it.
Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.