Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store Card = Ouch!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's Store Card = Ouch!

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry that was a typo, I pulled my Equifax (from here).

Gotcha. Maybe this is one of those inscrutable TU98 things, of which there are many. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 13
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's Store Card = Ouch!

The  part of the mesage about of an unused card is ascore watch setting which you can adjust. see link

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26

The part that is hurting the score is the lack of a credit limit or a high balance beig reported on the account. I just closed a credit card which started doing the same thing this is after they "upgraded" my account. They refused to restore the account back to the way it was that is when I closed it.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Store Card = Ouch! - Update

Just pulled an updated TU report, my Discover card reported, so it now shows the Macy's balance of $100 or so, and Discover balance of $130, and TU jumped back up from 693 to 736!

Kind of crazy in my opinion, but I'm just going to smile and enjoy!

Does seem to prove that the Macy's card was factored into some kind of util score which has now been improved due to my Discover CL being reported.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.