Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor 3 Bureau Reports AND FICO for Car Loans & Apartment Rentals

tag
HorseTears
New Contributor

Monitor 3 Bureau Reports AND FICO for Car Loans & Apartment Rentals

Sorry, I know that title is a mouthful.  The amount of information on this forum is a bit overwhelming, so apologies if these have been answered in other spots.  I guess I'm looking for a few things here; perhaps they won't all be available, or won't all be available via the same sources:

1. What is the best source for monitoring the reports and scores of all 3 bureaus?  I know about my annual free credit report-- I've already used that.  I want to be able to log-in once a month over the next few months to be able to see the latest, up-to-date, accurate report and score from Experian, Equifax and Transunion.
  2. I know that seeing exactly what car loan lenders and property owners see might not be possible, but if I wanted to get as close as possible to whatever they see when they screen me for an auto loan or for an apartment lease, are there particular reports/services I should be looking at?  

I should note, I'm willing to pay for the services as long as they're legitimate and accurate.  I am taking several measures (most of them learned from the experts on this forum) to improve my scores over the next couple of months and need to be able to check on their progress before I try to obtain an auto loan and a new apartment lease later this year.  I know, generally speaking, that I'm close to getting my scores back into the 700s, but having a vague idea or a rough sketch from the likes of CreditKarma isn't enough -- I want to have a clearer, more up-to-date picture.  

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Monitor 3 Bureau Reports AND FICO for Car Loans & Apartment Rentals

CCT for $1 will give you your 3B reports and 3B FICO 08 scores.  That's a great source to check your scores and reports once every month or so if that's what your goal is.  You mentioned auto scores and/or other scores.  You can't get those through CCT.  myFICO has a monthly membership which gives you 28 different FICO scores, so the scores you'd be interested in would be included in those.  I believe it's about $30/mo and you get your scores and reports updated every month.  Those with memberships can chime in on the particulars, as I'm not a member as far as their services go.

Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@HorseTears wrote:

Sorry, I know that title is a mouthful.  The amount of information on this forum is a bit overwhelming, so apologies if these have been answered in other spots.  I guess I'm looking for a few things here; perhaps they won't all be available, or won't all be available via the same sources:

1. What is the best source for monitoring the reports and scores of all 3 bureaus?  I know about my annual free credit report-- I've already used that.  I want to be able to log-in once a month over the next few months to be able to see the latest, up-to-date, accurate report and score from Experian, Equifax and Transunion.
  2. I know that seeing exactly what car loan lenders and property owners see might not be possible, but if I wanted to get as close as possible to whatever they see when they screen me for an auto loan or for an apartment lease, are there particular reports/services I should be looking at?  

I should note, I'm willing to pay for the services as long as they're legitimate and accurate.  I am taking several measures (most of them learned from the experts on this forum) to improve my scores over the next couple of months and need to be able to check on their progress before I try to obtain an auto loan and a new apartment lease later this year.  I know, generally speaking, that I'm close to getting my scores back into the 700s, but having a vague idea or a rough sketch from the likes of CreditKarma isn't enough -- I want to have a clearer, more up-to-date picture.  

The best thing WAS MyFICO's 3B premier service which I don't think is available any more. It's just like the Ultimate service except that you could get your full 3B report monthly instead of quarterly. If you're willing to spend $29.95 per month plus tax, you might as well call MyFICO and ask if you can still get the Premier service.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

@HorseTears wrote:

You should try the 3B reports and monitoring here. There's a reason they charge for it... it's accurate Smiley Happy

After getting the report (which includes more scores than you probably want to know about) you can decide whether the subscription is for you or not. Even quarterly "All Score" updates are adequate for monitoring, since the daily alerts (if you are on a subscription) keep you updated about basic FICO 8. The specific methods of improving auto loan scores may be different from the FICO 8 improvements, but in all cases, the main thing is to pay on time.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS writes that CCT does not provide auto scores.  What he means is that there is a special "auto enhanced" flavor of the FICO score that CCT does not provide.  What you might mistakenly infer (and this would not be true) is the scores you get at CCT are never used for auto loans.

The score you get at CCT is FICO 8 Classic.  Some auto lenders and sellers use that score.  Carmax is one and I am sure there are others.

Here's my advice:

Start by doing the $1 trial at Credit Check Total, once per month.  That will give you your three reports and three scores, all run on the same day, all in the same easy to read report.

While you are doing that, sign up for Credit Karma and creditscore.com. They are both free.

Karma will give you your EQ and TU reports for free as often as once a week.  That can be a wonderful tool to have when you are making frequent changes/improvements to your reports.  (Just be sure to ignore the scores and pretty much everything else on Karma's front end, although its utilization metric is reliable.)

creditscore.com will give you your EX report and FICO 8 Classic once per month.

You may find that this alone turns out to good enough for you, especially right now when you are making constant changes to your reports.  If you can get your reports and credit card balances into close to optimal shape, then it may make sense to sign up for the myFICO Ultimate product for one week, cancelling after that.  It will cost you $30, but this way you'll get all your scores and at a point when they are about as good as they are gonna get in the short term.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.