Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Credit Scores

tag
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Mortgage Credit Scores

Hello I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this question has been asked before, but my question is can anybody tell me what I can do to get my FICO Mortgage Credit scores up or point me to some links to this specific topic? My other scores are going up but it seems that my Mortgage scores aren't ascending what do I need to do? 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Credit Scores

The morgage scores really like it when you just do nothing. No new accounts, no new INQs and keep your CC util low.

I got my scores up to around the 680 range by just gardening and paying my util way down. Got massive points.

My Wife's mortgage scores are way higher then her Fico 8 scores, because no new accounts for a year and low util. Well into the 700s for her.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your trying to actively management them I don't think you can other than to pay off as much revolving debt as possible.  I had a Experian Boost cut on which dropped mine from 802 to 752 (the small bills/accounts report at 100% utilization).

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@bsal wrote:

Hello I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this question has been asked before, but my question is can anybody tell me what I can do to get my FICO Mortgage Credit scores up or point me to some links to this specific topic? My other scores are going up but it seems that my Mortgage scores aren't ascending what do I need to do? 

Thank you 

Without knowing something about your profile, it's hard to say, but in general the best things to do for your mortgage scores are:

1. Refrain from applying for any new credit

2. Refrain from applying for anything that would generate a HP

3. Try to let one revolving account report a small balance each month while the other revolvers report a zero balance each month. If you're unable to get down to that level, then let no account report > 28% and let as many as possible report a zero balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Thank you will do

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.