Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 19 yr old starting credit....

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

My 19 yr old starting credit....

I have him as a AU on my Capital One for 1 yr and 8 months. I just pulled him up on FAKO credit Karma but he still doesn't have a credit score.  
He did just apply for Discover and got approved for their secured CC, so we pulled the trigger on it.  What does he need  in order to start generating a Credit Score?

Cheryl 

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: My 19 yr old starting credit....

The Vantage Scores from Credit Karma might be ignoring Authorized User account. How long ago did you add him? It may be that it has not yet his file. Anyway, for scores, it takes 6 months of credit to generate a FICO score. 

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My 19 yr old starting credit....

@DollyLama wrote:

The Vantage Scores from Credit Karma might be ignoring Authorized User account. How long ago did you add him? It may be that it has not yet his file. Anyway, for scores, it takes 6 months of credit to generate a FICO score. 

FICO 8/9 might be disregarding the AU as well; the anti-abuse code just isn't well understood by us.

@Cheryla18 if the AU is showing the full history (should in this case but I'd check what the file says) he probably has an older FICO 04 or FICO 98 model score already, could pull a 1B here or the additional scores Experian has if you wanted to double-check that, but if it's being discounted then the six month mark on the secured card would be it as DollyLama correctly states.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.