Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Score went Up, but I was denied a credit line increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Credit Score went Up, but I was denied a credit line increase

I was denied a credit line increase and as seen from the report FICO provided the merchant, it was because of "serious delinquencies and late payments". This would not have been shocking to me had I requested the increase 5 months ago. All delinquencies/collections have been taken care of last month after I disputed some reports and this got my credit score shot up by 33 points in one day (TransUnion), 44 points with Equifax! I have been closely monitoring it since then and TransUnion/Equifax are well in good shape.

Even though the FICO report was dated 5/10/2018, I find it very hard to believe that it was my current credit report. What's the possibility that you guys are reporting the latest and not just pulling from your archives? The only option you give is to "dispute". Why do I need to do the work you were supposed to diligently carry out?

Sickening!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: My Credit Score went Up, but I was denied a credit line increase

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied a credit line increase and as seen from the report FICO provided the merchant, it was because of "serious delinquencies and late payments". This would not have been shocking to me had I requested the increase 5 months ago. All delinquencies/collections have been taken care of last month after I disputed some reports and this got my credit score shot up by 33 points in one day (TransUnion), 44 points with Equifax! I have been closely monitoring it since then and TransUnion/Equifax are well in good shape.

Even though the FICO report was dated 5/10/2018, I find it very hard to believe that it was my current credit report. What's the possibility that you guys are reporting the latest and not just pulling from your archives? The only option you give is to "dispute". Why do I need to do the work you were supposed to diligently carry out?

Sickening!!

First of all...posting on this forum, you are not speaking to people who created the fico alogorithm...just others such as yourself who are members and have a shared interest in fico scores. I suppose that the recent activity on the collections may have shown on the report making them stand out more to the credit card issuers, but that is just a guess. Far as I know, Fico does not have any of your credit info. They just created the alogorithm that is applied to the data that is on file at the various CRA's of TU, EX, and EQ. Fico sold the rights to use the fico alogorithm to the CRA's, but when you pull your 3b reports, fico is buying the scores from the CRA's...at least that is my understanding. That is why you do not dispute inacurate info to fico...they have no credit info unless they purchase it on your behalf.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I encourage you to use free or ultra-low cost tools when you are making changes to your reports -- especially when you are planning to apply for credit (which is what a CLI request is).

Take the time to make sure that your reports are all in perfect condition using multiple tools.  We can give you examples of these.  Credit Karma is a nice way to view your EQ and TU reports as often as once a week.  creditscore.com is a nice tool to see your EX report.  Both are free.  Credit Check Total costs a buck and gives you all three reports.

You may find that the product you have purchased (probably the myFICO Ultimate) may be far too expensive given the benefit you perceive from it.  Regardless, the folks who post on these forums aren't employees of myFICO and don't support that particular credit monitoring tool, as Sarge mentioned.

Best wishes!

Message 3 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's possible that your card issuer based its decision on a previous pull. We see that a lot when CLI requests are evaluated on the basis of soft pulls.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sickening!!

Scores are not the only deciding factors. And your statement is vague. You had serious delinquencies, and late payments. Are all of those off of your report? And were the late payments on the card you're trying to get the CLI on?  Also age of accounts, time since last CLI, wages, are all taken into consideration. Just because your scores went up doesn't mean you'll automatically be approved.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.