Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Equifax Score is 850

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Equifax Score is 850

@Abby3 wrote:
As drewg350 stated the only direction these scores can go is down; I am thinking about applying for an auto loan - I am curious to see how that will impact my scores - I haven't always had stellar credit - long ago I had credit issues - charge offs and I couldn't even get a secured card; for those who believe they won't get there - reversing the trend from low to high can be done

Thanks for the reponse on the mortgage question, much appreciated! I'm interested as well to see how the auto loan will impact you though the big hit is on AAOA which needs a before and after snapshot in my experience for data analysis heh.

        
Message 31 of 40
Abby3

Only one to go - EXP has increased to 850; EQ maintaining at 850; TU not budging at 843
Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

🙆🙌🙆🙌🙆🙌🙆🙌 Congrat's !!!! 🙌🙆🙌🙆🙌🙆🙌🙆
A W E S O M E !!!!
Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gotta say, that's awesome. Congratulations !!!! Once TU matches up, I'd take a pic of each, put them in a frame, and than forget about them. I know if I ever get to this point, I'll drive my wife absolutely crazy as I won't want to apply for any loans, CC's, etc... Great job !!!!
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

then* not than.
Message 35 of 40
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Wanted to say congrats to OP and also add another data point regarding reaching 850.

At least in some cases, it is possible to reach 850 on FICO 8 with new accounts. I didn't get there on all three (just one, EQ) but I have four new CC accounts this year (one is an AmEx which shows as an older account) and a new auto loan late last year (12/14) as well. EQ is the one CRA with no recent inquiries, the others are lagging behind due to having sustained a number of HPs.

I was also at 850, 849 and 846 with a mortgage refi less than two years old at the end of last year as well, before I applied for the auto loan.
Message 36 of 40
Abby3

Thanks drewg350 - I know what you mean; i don't want to apply for any new loans; Instead of trading my car in I am going to sell it independently - pay off the loan and then apply for a new loan
Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your car is paid for or it's worth over $20k never trade it in. waste of money
Message 38 of 40
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

One size doesn't fit all on trade-in, as I've traded a vehicle and made out VERY well. Saved almost $2k on taxes alone, and paid a great price for the new vehicle. Negotiated the sales price of the new car first (I went in with the price I was willing to pay, they accepted), then talked about price on the trade. You just have to do your research first and know what you will pay and what you will take. I also didn't want to deal with trying to sell the vehicle on my own.
Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

most people aren't smart enough to negotiate each car. they just do it as a lump lol. so congrats on being smarter than most.
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.