Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Scores of 08 and 04 models have major differences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Fico Scores of 08 and 04 models have major differences

My Fico Scores of 08 and 04 models have major differences.

Does everyone else have this? My 08 Model is about 50 pts on average lower than my 04 model. Just seeing if this is common. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico Scores of 08 and 04 models have major differences

I have the opposite my 08 are higher than my 04 but about the same difference.

Message 2 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you, lol.

Message 3 of 5
Marcos8
Established Contributor

It's hard to draw a real conclusion. My FICO 8's are a lot lower than my FICO 4's. I had only one derogatory event in my credit life which was a charge off of a first mortgage and a home equity line of credit due to a short sale of a home 5 years ago. I find it strange that the model still used most for mortgages penalizes me less than the model that is supposed to be more forgiving of derogatories as time passes. 

Message 4 of 5
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Fico Scores of 08 and 04 models have major differences.

Does everyone else have this? My 08 Model is about 50 pts on average lower than my 04 model. Just seeing if this is common. 

For me,  when MyFico changed over to the "08 model  I lost 40  points.  I am still trying  to work my way back up to to my high scores.  

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.