cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My equifax score dropped from 715 to 700 in one month... what happened?

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Re: My equifax score dropped from 715 to 700 in one month... what happened?

Equifax Credit Score™ vs FICO® Score What is the difference between the Equifax Credit Score™ and the FICO® Score?

Both the Equifax Credit Score and the FICO Score are general-purpose score models used to predict credit risk.  The Equifax Credit Score is a proprietary model created by Equifax.  The FICO Score is a proprietary model created by Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) .  All Equifax consumer services and tools make use of the Equifax Credit Score unless otherwise indicated. 

The Equifax Credit Score uses a numerical range of 280 to 850, where higher scores indicate lower credit risk. The FICO Score uses a numerical range of 300 to 850, where higher scores also indicate lower credit risk.

The Equifax Credit Score can be used to calculate a score for not only your Equifax credit file, but also your Experian and TransUnion credit files. This gives you the ability to compare your credit scores across all three credit reporting agencies, which can be useful in understanding your credit.

Though both score models predict similar types of risk, it is important to remember that because they were created independently by separate companies, they should not be expected to deliver identical scores.  In some cases, an Equifax Credit Score and a FICO Score calculated at the same point in time may be similar.  However, in some scenarios the scores may differ, perhaps significantly, based on how the different models calculate risk

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 28
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Yea they still have the Fico score, about 3 different ones.

But its not unlimited scores.  You only get 3 to 4 per year.

I want unlimited.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@terren2000 wrote:

Equifax use to give you a Fico score, but I dont see a fico score anymore.  i think they stopped.

Unfortunately the only FICO offerings are on this page:

www.equifax.com/myfico-products

ETA...for anyone reading this, Equifax CSRs have on a number of occassions lied about their scores. Some have posted on here that the CSTs told them their products like CreditWatch or Credit Complete offer FICO scores when that's not the case. Others have said that the CSRs told them that lenders don't use FICO scores...that they use the "Equifax Credit Score" instead.

Message 13 of 28
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

Do you mind expanding on how you got it deleted. I have an open paid collections that I am trying to get deleted. Thanks.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Message 14 of 28
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

My score watch is exact to my fico when I pull.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Message 15 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@YHWHUDAH wrote:

Do you mind expanding on how you got it deleted. I have an open paid collections that I am trying to get deleted. Thanks.

Hi YHWHUDAH,

I'm not sure who you are writing this to. I don't see any mention of a deletion in this thread. Did you mean to post this somewhere else? If so I'd be glad to move it for you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 16 of 28
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

Oh, sorry MarinVeitVet. I was responding to Bluerain on first page. He said he got a deletion by calling EQ.

Message 17 of 28
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@YHWHUDAH wrote:

Oh, sorry MarinVeitVet. I was responding to Bluerain on first page. He said he got a deletion by calling EQ.

Sorry for late reply..you didn't quote me so I didn't know you were talking to me..LOL this thread got all mixed up.

I actually called about their service I just bought and had a question and at the end of that

I was asked about anything else and told them about a collection that was showing unpaid and that it was paid and showed paid in the other 2 CRA's that

they should cross checked (not knowing if they could or would..still don't know ) and they said they would delete it and they did.

I was shocked Smiley Surprised but I did pay it last year and it shouldn't have been listed as unpaid in collections. I got off the phone

quick before they changed their mind and said to send in a dispute.

Hope it stays off as I hear these things can pop back up.

Message 18 of 28
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Bluerain

LOL...I would of hung up quick too. I hope I have the same luck as you. I will be calling after my home loan close.

Message 19 of 28
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@YHWHUDAH wrote:

Thanks, Bluerain

LOL...I would of hung up quick too. I hope I have the same luck as you. I will be calling after my home loan close.

Funny thing is I had more questions to ask about the service they offer and didn't

think it was wise to stay on the phone..LOL

I was kind of abrupt wanting to get off the phone after the quick deletion.

Goodluck..they actually are very nice and I felt bad about ending the call so abrupt...wasn't rude just abrupt.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.