cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My score dropped 14 points and I can't figure out why!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My score dropped 14 points and I can't figure out why!

I would definitely like to see some more digging and research/testing on this subject, as it's a topic that definitely doesn't get discussed much at all.  Good insight above!

Message 21 of 25
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@Egaffne2 wrote:
Yeah this is in reference to my Experian file I haven't seen TU and EQ yet but if it is linked to this Chase card I'm an AU on then it wouldn't matter because the account only shows on my Experian report. Maybe I'll check my other 2 scores and then I'll know for sure this is the reason why. I have 2 other cards that are mine and I have no balance reported on one card and the other I have $2 on it. Should I put a little more money on my cards? Should i give money to the card owner of the one I'm an AU on to put a small balance on?

From the reading of post here, that definitely sounds like the all zero penalty. One thing that I didn't see discussed is you stated you have a balance of $2 posting on your card. Maybe someone can chime in but, I have read in multiple post that the amount when following the AZEO method is to have a minimum of $5 and a maximum of 8.9% of the cards CL post. Maybe once the AU card goes to a zero balance, then the algorithm thinks all your balances are zero and then you get penalized. 🤷🏻‍♂️

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 22 of 25
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

UPDATE - so the account holder of the JPMCB card I'm an AU on put a small balance back on the card again so it went from $0-$70 (credit line $3000) and my score immediately jumped 15 points the same exact day.
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like one small reported balance on your AU account definitely is meaningful on your profile then.  Good to know going forward.

Message 24 of 25
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Egaffne2 wrote:
UPDATE - so the account holder of the JPMCB card I'm an AU on put a small balance back on the card again so it went from $0-$70 (credit line $3000) and my score immediately jumped 15 points the same exact day.

Excellent! Thanks for getting back to us with an update!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.