cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My score dropped and I don't know why...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My score dropped and I don't know why...

4) VantageScore may look at rental payment history, Fico 8 does not. Perhaps late payments impact Vantagescore.

EXACTLY THIS IS MY CASE from years ago. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to tell you, this is not true as I am living proof. My experian fico 8 and equifax fico 8 scores are all showing dirty data. but my TU fico 8 is as clean as a babies butt and at 719 (on OCT 22). NO NEGATIVE data whatsoever. my tu Vantage score is as of today ...let me go check real quick...562 and equifax 595!!! WOW. it went up so much. This is vantage score 3.0. as of november 6. 

WOW. I just checked my credit report (experian membership) from oct. 22 compared to nov 6 (today). I had 5 accounts in collections on OCT 22 and as of today NOV 6, i have only 2!!!! And on equifax I had on OCT 22, 6 accounts in collections. I do not know how many I have as of today, gotta wait to pull Equifax and TU in 15 days or so. 

I hired a company at end of september to dispute things on all my reports and wow. it seems to be working. 4 collections accounts dissapeared. I found this company on YOUTUBE and just took a chance. wow!!! this explains why my score keeps jumping up. and of course the fact that in a span of 4 weeks i was added as AU on two major credit cards, and got my own secured card. now all that finally shows up. Just also noticed my accounts ever late showed at 12 on oct 22, and as of today it shows 9!

Message 12 of 16
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry to tell you, this is not true as I am living proof. My experian fico 8 and equifax fico 8 scores are all showing dirty data. but my TU fico 8 is as clean as a babies butt and at 719 (on OCT 22). NO NEGATIVE data whatsoever. my tu Vantage score is as of today ...let me go check real quick...562 and equifax 595!!! WOW. it went up so much. This is vantage score 3.0. as of november 6. 

WOW. I just checked my credit report (experian membership) from oct. 22 compared to nov 6 (today). I had 5 accounts in collections on OCT 22 and as of today NOV 6, i have only 2!!!! And on equifax I had on OCT 22, 6 accounts in collections. I do not know how many I have as of today, gotta wait to pull Equifax and TU in 15 days or so. 

I hired a company at end of september to dispute things on all my reports and wow. it seems to be working. 4 collections accounts dissapeared. I found this company on YOUTUBE and just took a chance. wow!!! this explains why my score keeps jumping up. and of course the fact that in a span of 4 weeks i was added as AU on two major credit cards, and got my own secured card. now all that finally shows up. 

Congrats on getting the items removed, but I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news. If they are legitimate, there is a chance they will come back later. Sometimes you can get legitimate baddies removed as a result of a dispute because the company did not respond in time, but all they have to do is to report it again for the collection or charge off to come back. Just an FYI

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for reminding me of that! I totally forgot. The thing is we disputed 15 items and I only received 2 letters back so far. However, there are still 9 days until they have a chance to respond. So i'm still checking the mail everyday all excited. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, yesterday my vantage 3.0 was 562, today, november 7 it's, 592! I will do more research tomorrow to see why it went up 30 points in one day. (transunion). I am too tired now... my equifax vantage score is 595 today. same as yesterday. the only reason I know is because of credit karma emails....

just an update. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just also noticed my accounts ever late showed at 12 on oct 22, and as of today it shows 9!

It's worth noting here that going from 12 dirty accounts to 9 dirty accounts under most circumstances won't result in a single FICO point gain.  The only way you'd expect to see a score gain there is if the 3 dirty accounts that are now clean were all major negative items, where the 9 dirty remaining accounts are all minor (say, 30 day) items.  The chances of that being the case of course is quite small.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.