Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scores wont stay up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores wont stay up

I use very little of my credit. maybe 2 to 3 cards and pay the balances completely down and they take my credit score down. then I try leaving a balance on some of the cards. ( very small balance 2-4 % ) and they still take my credit score down I do not know what to do. Every method i try my credit scores wont rise. I need professional help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: My scores wont stay up

For optimal scoring, seek AZEO All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance.

Is there any derogatory or delinquency that is suppressing your scores?

I would recommend reading the below from ABCD2199
The Truth about Credit Card Utilization
My 11 Rules to Credit Rebuilding
FICO Score: What to pay down first?

From Birdman7
General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

Message 2 of 5
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Welcome to the forum @Anonymous 

First, in order to help you we need to know where you are getting your scores from (Experian, MyFico -actual Fico score or someplace like creditkarma - VantageScore).

Your actual Fico scores.

It will also help to know some details of your credit profile: Age of oldest account (AoOA), age of youngest account (AoYA), average age of accounts (AAoA).

Any negative information contained on your reports (can be found by requesting a free copy of your reports from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/ ).

More information may be requested based on your responses, but this should at least provide some insight as to what suggestions to offer to help reach your scoring goals.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Don't worry @Anonymous   You are in good hands here and I already see some good advice Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I use very little of my credit. maybe 2 to 3 cards and pay the balances completely down and they take my credit score down. then I try leaving a balance on some of the cards. ( very small balance 2-4 % ) and they still take my credit score down I do not know what to do. Every method i try my credit scores wont rise. I need professional help.

You don't need professional help.

Our amateur help will be better.

Just give us some detail about your cards and limits and we'll probably be able to help you fix it Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.