cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico TU score of 653 but bank pulled a 635. Huh??

tag
LishaJoy
Established Member

MyFico TU score of 653 but bank pulled a 635. Huh??

Just when I thought I was gaining points on my credit score, I get the reality.  Not sure what the breakdown is but I just got a score increase from my TU report (653) and when I applied for a CC with RBFCU my score came back different.  18 points difference.  MyFico says its 653 but Randolph Brooks FCU pulled 635.  Can anyone explain to me?  I am so confused.  If that's the case, why would I pay for a incorrect score?  For those of us that aren't in the high achiever lane yet, every point counts.  I'm sure every point counts to high achievers also. Smiley Happy   I have been trying to get my score up to buy a house this summer.  I know I can find an approval with this score (thank God for VA loans) but I really wanted to try to get a better interest rate.  I love MyFico but what makes this score any better than the FAKO's from the other sites.  I think I'm more disappointed than anything.  Does anyone know where to get a REAL FICO score??

Oh and BTW, I got approvved for the CC!  Yay!!  2,000CL and I still have baddies.  They are all paid but I don't think that matters from what I have been reading up here.  The interest rate is 11.4% which is the lowest I have gotten with any of my other cards.  I do have an excellent pay history for the last 2 and a half years.  Maybe they see I am working on it!  Smiley Happy  I think imma post this in the CC forum also.  Just to share.  Gotta love those credit unions. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFico TU score of 653 but bank pulled a 635. Huh??

4 possiblilities if they pulled TU:

1) They didn't pull a FICO.

2) They pulled a FICO, but it was a newer version of the Classic FICO like TU04 (used by mortgage lenders mostly) or TU08 (as found on Wal-Mart's site).

3) They pulled a FICO, but it was a non-Classic FICO like a CC-enhanced FICO that weighs your CC experience a little more. Used by quite a few CCCs.

4) Both scores are the same FICO version, but changed in between pulls from myFICO and from the CU. Scores can change daily.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.