cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery "Total balance on revolving and open account" higher than total CC and no clue where from

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mystery "Total balance on revolving and open account" higher than total CC and no clue where from

On MyFico for all 3 bureaus have a mystery $4365 total balance on revolving and open ended accounts. This is separate from credit card info (ratings and details to right of utilization and accounts with balances).

Unless I am missing something I don't see where it shows details.

When I go to Experian where I also have subscriptions to all 3 reports this $4365 isn't showing. My total credit card debt is $1201 out of $89,700 available. It isn't my two auto loans much larger or obviously my mortgage. I have verified all the figures with all my debts I track on Quicken and nothing reflects $4365 amount. It can not be a combined cc amount since total is $1201.

My scores on MyFico are
Eq 803. TU 796 Exp 798
They are exactly the same on Experian that shows all 3.

My scores are extremely sensitive to utilization - 8/23 alert shows EQ dropped from 809 to 803 when "one of my account increased by $16". Yes $16

The total debt summary on Experian with the details all show $1201 for CC and loan balance of about $390k includes home mortgage and two auto loans.

MyFico must be taking into account the mystery $4365 since shows higher utilization of 5%, 6% and 8% while Experian site shows 1% for all 3 bureaus. I keep looking for details but unless I am missing something MyFico doesn't show details like Experian does?

Also checked creditKarma - Their Vantage scores all most the same and shows 1% utilization with details with the same $1201 in credit
cards and no clue of any $4365.

The only thing I can think of is I have paid down about $4000 or so in the last month or so. While all the cards that were paid down are reporting the lower amount somehow wonder is this $4365 is from something not updated yet on MyFico? But shows total balance of cc of $1201 which is correct after pay down.

Actually, found alerts on myFICO on 8/14 that balances on two accounts decreased $3520 and $1869 which increased scores about 1 point!.

Otherwise, I have no clue where My FICO is getting the $4365 separate amount. Any clues how I can trace it down?

I am about to refinance the mortgage and both auto loans at much lower rates - at least 2% lower on mortgage- current at 5.25%! 
I am on long recovery from near bankruptcy after 2008 and this is the first time I have had these good credit scores to get the best rates. Before I paid down the about $4k my FICO 2,4 and 5 scores used by mortgage broker were like 739 just below 740 needed for the best rate. Should be well over now but wanting to be sure before they hit bureaus for scores again. As folks may know the scores for mortgage are lower than the FICO 8 shown here and on most sites. I do subscribe to these scores but only get once a month - next on 8/29.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Mystery "Total balance on revolving and open account" higher than total CC and no clue

Request a copy of your reports from  AnnualCreditReport.com

You can currently receive a free copy of all three every week. These reports are more detailed than what credit karma, myFico or experian shows... which might show you what's going on. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mystery "Total balance on revolving and open account" higher than total CC and no clue

Good idea - checked all 3 credit reports with details and no mystery $4300 amount all balance agree with what on Experian showing $1201 cc balances in total.   Assume a myFICO problem!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you recently paid down near the amount ($4000 or so) of the dollar value in question it sounds like the [reduced] balance(s) may not be updated and being included by the front end summary software.  My guess is that you'll see it correctly represented the next time it updates.

Also keep in mind that utilization changes matter in terms of percentage, not dollars.  Because your balance changed only $16 and your score moved doesn't necessarily mean your scores are volatile when it comes to utilization changes.  If the $16 change caused a score change it means you crossed a utilization threshold.  It could be hundreds or even thousands of dollars (depending on the CL of the account) before you'd cross the next threshold, so the balance change of $16 theoretically could have been $300 or $1000 and resulted in the same score shift.  Just something to keep in mind, where percentages are what really matter not dollars when it comes to scoring.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

BrutalBodyShots: You are probably right on.  Looking at my Quicken balances my American Airlines cc about six weeks ago was just about that balance.  I also now seem to recall I wondered in the past why it was classified as this open account vs others as credit cards. It is a Barclays credit card that gives AA miles and AA promotes it.   At least seems to have no effect on credit score since direct with bureaus have the same scores as myFICO.  

On the $16 makes sense, although the $16 was at the time when only had about $1000 in total cc debt out of almost $90k total credit available so still about 1% utilization.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.