Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Confused about scoring model used

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

NFCU - Confused about scoring model used

I was approved a few weeks ago for the Signature Cash rewards, $10k at 11.9% (lowest rate).

I received my "Your credit score and the price you pay for credit" letter today and my score they pulled is TU620.   "Scores range from a low of 336 to a high of 843". 

What did they pull or is this some kind of internal scoring?  I applied since I knew what I thought they pulled.  I know for 100000% sure what my scores say in MyFico 3B and Experian 3B Fico8 reports that I purchased for all 3 bureaus lol.

I just viewed every single score on MyFico 3B report from the same day TU, EQ an EX even though they only pulled TU and none of the models reflect a score of 620 or even close?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - Confused about scoring model used

Huh, that’s an odd one. It’s not their reputation score either because that goes from 100-450. 

They are a well known TU FICO9 puller. 

Message 2 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I thought NFCU used FICO 9. But based on what you describe, it looks like they may have used the FICO Risk Score Classic 98. myFICO doesn't offer that score.

The many flavors of FICO:__Editions, versions, and variations

Message 3 of 4
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Exactly...that's why I applied thinking it was TU9. Although, I know it is always ymmv, I don't think I came across a post when I was researching NFCU with this scoring range.

Well, hopefully when it's time for my CLI, they will pull EQ9....but who knows.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.