Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an Answer on Late Payment history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need an Answer on Late Payment history

my credit score is almost to the 700 mark. I am 27 years old and when i was young and stupid about 17 and 18 i got a few credit cards and rang up some debt, then didnt pay them for a few months, say 2-3 months. i was out of the country and forgot. but when i came back i took care of all three cards. paid them and soon or later paid them all off. i have not had a late payment for over 8 years on any card. what im asking is that in my report it says that i havent had a late payment for over 7 years. i always thought that the credit bureaus dropped reporting late payments if it was past 7 years and u havent been late on any payments since? Am i mistaken? What should i do? Is there anything i can do or is it just a myth that those things drop off your credit report after 7 years. Jay
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need an Answer on Late Payment history

The other 2 late payments were about 5-6 years ago and have not been late since. Do they drop off after a certain point? i have always heard 5-7 years?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also i noticed i have a collection from 2004 for 198$ for a hospital bill that they charged me but i was not supposed to pay back. I sent the copy of the paper work that stated that i was responsible for 0% or covered 100% for any bill that i occurred at the hospital. It states that the last time this was reported to the credit bureau was March 2005. And it states in the status column that this is "not reported". I am not sure what any of this means. And not sure how i can fix this
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

7 years for late payments.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.