Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help after identity theft

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some help after identity theft

Hi y'all!
I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction..I've searched all over these threads but I can't seem to find anyone with the same issue!

Back story:
I was a victim of identity theft around 2003. Lets just say I've learned if I don't have cash for something I don't need it! I have never had a credit card or a mortgage. Someone DID have a vehicle repossessed in my name back in 2005 but the balance was 10k and fell off while ago. I did try to pay off what this person (who also got a driver's license issued with my info/her pic after I was mugged my 2nd day after moving from Boston to Texas) I only got my actual identity back in 2009.

Since then I've owned a business (also debt free as far as credit cards etc goes) although throughout the years things would randomly pop back on my credit report and after YEARS of dealing with the incompetent bureau's I just paid them. One was a wage garnishment almost 10 years after the fact(chick went to a base hospital and that's the department of defense & they don't care if it was you or not even if you have proof) also worth mentioning I had Lifelock from 2002 until about 2 months ago and they did NOTHING.

So last when I checked lifelock 2 mo ago I could see 3 credit scores. I understand they are vantagescore 3 but fast forward to 3 weeks ago and I had someone run a mortgage inquiry on me and they couldn't find ANY credit scores on me. So I tried to first sign up for Experian for the 3 Bureau monitoring plan..gave my credit card number and then got an alert that they weren't able to generate a score for any of the bureau's and that my card would not be charged?

Ok so I tried my fico same thing enter credit card and same message..credit card won't be charged as no scores could be calculated.

Now the strange part..in 2016 I signed up with rent plus through my apartment leasing office and they report monthly to Transunion and Equifax that I've paid my rent. If I pull my credit report I can see the history of a trade line showing never missing a payment?! I also see with Equifax and Transunion credit reports the payments being reported(well transunion is late but they seem late on everything) both these 2 show 1 active account (the rent reporting) and all 3 show student loans paid off in 2014.

Now Experian I understand why they wouldn't show a score but what about the other 2?

I called Transunion and the guy told me he sees a score for me (vantage 3?) And when I asked why no one could find a FICO score for me he said he didn't know because he had a score. Then he said something about sending my history out for "file maintenance"?? He said in the past creditors may have submitted variations of my social security number as well as variations of spelling of my name so that would cause anyone trying to pull my information to not be able to get it from Transunion?

This all makes no sense because OF COURSE there was someone using my identity but I have busted my ass to make sure I got all her crap taken care of and either paid, let fall off or removed BUT this still does NOT explain why the other 2 bureau's have no credit score for me either?!

PLEASE if anyone can help point me in the right direction..I recorded the call to Transunion because I've dealt with these asshats too many times before and learned unless you get proof someone told you something your out of luck! I have gone back over the call and none of this makes sense what he said..

I'm trying to run my small business (which Google has not make very easy lately) working 18+ hrs a day and when I am finally done none of these people are open so any advice or help understanding what the hell is happening would be so amazing and appreciated more than you know!!
13 REPLIES 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Need some help after identity theft

You really need to break this up in paragraphs, that is entirely to hard to read and follow.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe try ordering from myFico or TransUnion rather than Experian. I like Experian myself, but if it’s not working for you try something different.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your replies. Apologies it was spaced on my cell but posted all together I'm sorry it didn't post right!

I did order from my FICO and got a message saying my card wouldn't be charged because no score could be found?
Message 4 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you both for your replies. Apologies it was spaced on my cell but posted all together I'm sorry it didn't post right!

I did order from my FICO and got a message saying my card wouldn't be charged because no score could be found?

No worries, it is just hard to read.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I edited it hopefully it posted correct for y'all too?
Message 6 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I edited it hopefully it posted correct for y'all too?

Much easier to readSmiley Happy

Hopefully someone with more experience in that area will reply soon.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 14
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Maybe try ordering your score from EQ? I think they have an online service like EX.

Also why haven't you frozen all your reports?
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I attempted to log into EQ but it gave me an error about not being able to verify my identity online (this was just last night) so I have to wait to call.

Why would I freeze my reports??
Message 9 of 14
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

You freeze them so no one can get a new CC/mortgage/loan using your name
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.