Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to raise score 20pts for Mortgage Quick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to raise score 20pts for Mortgage Quick

This is great advice!

Do you advise crossing each threshold separately? Currently, I am at 71% utilization (I know, horrible)  -- should I cross each threshold monthly until I reach the 8% threshold for best points optimization? I have the resources to bring down to 0%, but I know this is a game being played, and I would like to get as many points as I can get within whatever timeframe it takes. 

Thank you in advance!

Message 21 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 22 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is great advice!

Do you advise crossing each threshold separately? Currently, I am at 71% utilization (I know, horrible)  -- should I cross each threshold monthly until I reach the 8% threshold for best points optimization? I have the resources to bring down to 0%, but I know this is a game being played, and I would like to get as many points as I can get within whatever timeframe it takes. 

Thank you in advance!

No, pay it down to AZEO immediately, namely leave $5 or similar on a national bankcard with a limit of 25K or less.

Safe and optimal, and there's no need to stretch it out which costs you both interest and delays getting to the best credit spot for your mortgage anyway.  Utilization has no memory.

        
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah there’s no advantage in waiting, scorewise.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.